USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Design  (Read 1150 times)

joseperez999999

• Regular Members
New Design
« on: October 16, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

Hello! I'd like to know if this module is recommended for new designs, i mean, if it will be produced by at least five years.

I have a problem with a product that use the ET-332 module, because this module in three years has been discontinued, so now, I have to redesign the hardware

I know that electronics goes too fast, but it's very dificult and expensive to redesign all the time.

Thanks! Regards!

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: New Design
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:03:16 pm »

Just a couple of questions:

To confirm, are you wondering if the EB-5631 would be around for 5 years or so? That it would not discontinued within the next two or three years? If not, please provide more details about this.
By the way, are you an end-user or a reseller?

Usually, it depends on how well the device is selling or how many are being sold. That's why, we determine if there's a big interest or demand in a certain product to see whether we continue it or decide to discontinue it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:39:31 am by USG_TECH10 »

joseperez999999

• Regular Members
Re: New Design
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:52:43 am »

The company  I work, design and manufacture traffic equipment. We have a product that use ET-332 Module. Now, I have to redesign hardware because ET-332 is discontinued. So, for this new design, I need a garantee that the EB-5631 will be produced and sold for five years, if not, I 'll have to choose another company. My company can not redesign hardware in two or three years, it's expensive. Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 19 queries.