USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issue with GH-561  (Read 1152 times)

jude101

issue with GH-561
« on: October 02, 2012, 03:31:43 am »

hi there bought a 561 brand new worked brill but one day tried turning it on and no joy. no screen no nothing thought it might be no charge so charged for 7 hrs still no joy iv noticed if you press on button with up button and ok button backlight comes on with no screen. I v not been updating firmware or any such nonsence havent dropped it havent got it wet . Any ideas?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: issue with GH-561
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:45:42 am »

Hello jude101,

Welcome to the forums! Just a couple of questions:

Did you update the firmware? If so, what was the reason for the firmware update?
If you did not update firmware, what happened to the device before the screen went blank?
Another thing, when you plugged in the USB cable, that came with the device, did you still see a blank screen?
Have you tried pressing the “Track Back”, “OK”, and “Power” buttons at the same time and holding them for about 2 seconds?

Also, can you please register your product and generate a support ticket within our system? Please check your email for further instructions.

jude101

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:21:34 pm »

hi no didnt update firmware didnt figure i needed to il try 1, 4, 6 combo and let you know il also register thanks for quck reply

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 03:34:16 pm »

Alright, thanks for the info. Just wondering, if you did not update firmware, what happened to the device before the screen went blank?
Another thing, when you plugged in the USB cable, that came with the device, did you still see a blank screen?

Got it. Let me know if you were able to restore the device after doing those button combinations as well.

jude101

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 03:37:41 am »

that combo does same as 1,5,6  the backlight comesd on but no screen. The  device was off and when i tried truning it on nothing happened . it had been working the night before no bangs drops or water involved, didnt updat and firmware it was working brill and just decided not to work

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 11:22:31 am »

Got it. To be able to check the warranty, can you please register your product and generate a support ticket? You could check your email for further instructions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 18 queries.