USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making the device more user friendly  (Read 761 times)

albert

• this product gives value for money
Making the device more user friendly
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:58:38 pm »

Hello All,

Since I am on Holiday and use the device for walking, what is very good with the GH561.
The GPX tracks are loading in fine and working perfect, this is the good news.

The MENU structure is really user hostile.
My wife likes to walk now with the GPS device but thus not dear to change anything because it is not easy to come back on the page see was. I have to think as well every time I use it, because it is far from logic.
What I would suggest is to change the layout from the software as followed:

1. Use the [OK] for MENU if pressed for >3 sec.
2. In MENU you have then the SETTINGS, GOTO, WAYPOINTS, ROUTES and MAP selection.
3. Middle button left is [ESCAPE] only to jump back one level in menu or leave the page to default page [COMPASS]
4. the top and middle button on the right is only for one up or down like the arrows are showing it.
5. in MAP [OK] and [ESC] are for one waypoint up or down ore one smart trackpoint up or down.
6. the left bottom you can use as default map button, this device is mend for navigation so it is logic to have this as default key like the default for [COMPASS],

I think this would give the device a much better performance and better selling if it is easy to use.
You could use that menu structure also for other devices, this would be better for people that own other products from Globalsat.

With regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Making the device more user friendly
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 03:01:23 pm »

Hello Albert,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Will go ahead and share this with our engineers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 20 queries.