USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RV-1000S powers off with intermittent power interruption  (Read 643 times)

ib134866

RV-1000S powers off with intermittent power interruption
« on: October 17, 2012, 09:02:04 am »

I have the RV-1000S attached to my 12 volt accessory outlet in my vehicle.  The accessory outlet is only powered when the vehicle ignition is either in the run or accessory position.  Typically if I am stopped/parked waiting for a passenger to come back to the vehicle, I will switch the ignition from run to accessory to continue to listen to the entertainment system.  When the passenger comes back and I then restart the vehicle (ignition to run position), there is a intermittent power interruption on the 12 volt accessory outlet as the engine starts.  When this occurs the RV-1000S dashboard camera turns off and remains off.  Typically I do not have the LCD screen folded down and I have the timeout of the LCD screen set for two minutes, so as a result I do not notice that the RV-1000S has stopped recording.  If I remember, I press the power button on the RV-1000S and it begins recording after the brief start up.

I do have the RV-1000S configured to start up and begin recording as soon as power is supplied.  Is there any solution to alleviate this situation?

Thank you

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: RV-1000S powers off with intermittent power interruption
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:40:20 am »

Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and check with our engineers about this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 19 queries.