USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracklog times incorrect when opened in Lightroom Map module  (Read 837 times)

rljeanne

Tracklog times incorrect when opened in Lightroom Map module
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:01:57 am »

I recently bought the DG-200 to use to geo-tag my photographs using the new Map function in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4. The DG-200 accurately records my track, tagging waypoints correctly in local time (Central Daylight). Also, when I plot a track directly on Google Maps the correct local time is shown. However, when I open the track within the Map module in Lightroom 4, it plots a track that shows local time minus 5 hours. Thus a recent outing that started at 7:22 a.m. local time is shown as starting at 2:22 a.m. It appears that Lightroom is incorrectly assuming that the times in the tracklog are UTC times and is making the adjustment to local time. But perhaps the problem is in the DG-200, since users of Garmin and other hand-held GPS units seem to have no such issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and is there a fix?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:56:54 pm by USG_TECH10 »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Tracklog times incorrect when opened in Lightroom Map module
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 03:39:28 pm »

Hello rljeanne,

Welcome to the forums! Just a couple of questions:

So, the tracks you acquired from the DG-200 is showing the local time correctly?

When you mean 'plot a track directly on Google Maps', are you referring to the Google Maps of the DataCenter program (the software that came with the device)?
It was also showing the time correctly in Google Maps, right?

Perhaps, the program lies with the Adobe PS Lightroom 4. To confirm if this is the case, you can try checking the gpx file with Notepad and review the time.
Moreover, you can possibly try Locr program and see if you're able to see that issue. You can find more information about the program here: http://www.locr.com/learn-more,2

Also, can you please register your product and generate a support ticket? Please check your email for further instructions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 19 queries.