USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB Cable to Charge BT-335?  (Read 1490 times)

Kurtois

• Regular Members
USB Cable to Charge BT-335?
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:52:25 am »

Is there a USB cable that can be purchased to charge the BT-335?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: USB Cable to Charge BT-335?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:55:17 am »

Hello Kurtois,

Welcome to the forums!

Apparently, there is no USB Cable available to charge the BT-335.

However, there are two chargers that are included in the package if you purchase directly from us or from one of our authorized resellers, namely the 12VDC Car Charger and the 110VAC Wall Charger (http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-44-bt-335-gps-data-logger.aspx#images/product/large/44.jpg).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kurtois

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:32:17 pm »

Thanks for the prompt response!

I am disappointed to learn there is not a USB cable that will charge this device. It would have been nice to have used this with many power sources out there that now charge via USB.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:46:30 pm »

To clarify, the provided chargers are using barrel connectors since the BT-335 has a barrel plug, as shown below:

Perhaps, you can check online for a barrel to usb adapter which supports 5V and see if it would charge the bluetooth device.
Also, please keep in mind that we have not been able to test this kind of adapter, so we cannot guarantee if it would work.

Kurtois

• Regular Members
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 05:05:52 pm »

We are on the same page. Yes, I am looking for a USB male to barrel connector cable.

Regarding locating, purchasing, and testing, I really would prefer if US Globalsat would be willing to try something out first and confirm it works. I am not in a big hurry and would really prefer the piece of mind. Is this at all a possibility?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 06:41:33 pm »

For this kind of request, if you purchase an MOQ of 1k units or pay a certain NRE fee, then, we would be able to search for this adapter or make our own and do a couple of testings with the unit.

Since there are two chargers already provided with the unit, I don't believe it's necessary to have an additional charger. Unless, there is such a great demand and a number of requests for this kind of connector cable.

I was wondering, are you an end-user or a reseller?

Kurtois

• Regular Members
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »

End-user.

I am not sure I follow the logic behind not including the cable with the device in the first place. I could see users wanting to use this device in the field as a GPS receiver.

Also, I would prefer USGlobalSat doing the testing to ensure I do not select a cable that may damage the device or cause it to become inoperable.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 07:11:53 pm »

Thanks for the info.

As I've mentioned in the previous posting, there are 2 chargers (one that you could plugged in to your wall and the other one to your car, which both can be easily accessed) already included with the device. In short, there is no need to include an additional charger.

Besides, the BT-335 is going to be discontinued since it's be around a couple of years now. So, there's no further reason to continue incorporating new accessories with this device.

Kurtois

• Regular Members
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 07:29:11 pm »

Yes, I have read your previous posting. I am asking for a cable that will allow me to charge my BT-335 when I am not at home, or I am not in my car.

Please suggest a charging cable that I will purchase *myself*, however, I would like the manufacturer's recommendation on a cable that will work and not damage the unit. It would be appreciated if such a cable was tested by the device manufacturer prior to recommending one to its users, aka customers.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 12:40:23 pm »

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources nor the time available to research, acquire, and test this kind of cable as we are currently occupied with other projects.

I do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.