USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload Waypoints to DG-200  (Read 1077 times)

robertparker

Upload Waypoints to DG-200
« on: December 21, 2012, 04:02:55 pm »

Hi,

I am working on an application which would utilize the DG-200 to track someones way points but I also need to save a set of way points to the DG-200 so that no one else knows what the way points are until the two are matched at then end.

This is for alpine racing and orienteering competitions.

I was wondering if there is a firmware update or patch that would make it possible to upload way points to the DG-200?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Upload Waypoints to DG-200
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »

Hello,

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, uploading the waypoints feature is not available to the DG-200. However, you can manually save the waypoints in the device by doing a quick press of the Power button.

This feature would not only require a firmware modification, but a possible software modification as well. And for these modifications, our engineers would usually require an MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) of 1k, or NRE, or both. Just wondering, are you an end-user or a reseller?

If you prefer this feature, you could possibly take a look at the GH-561 that we have here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-608-gh-561.aspx#images/product/large/608.jpg

robertparker

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 01:21:03 pm »

Hi,

I am part of the end-user application as I have been contracted to find a solution for this that is cost effective for the competitions that are currently being organized. I am an electrical engineer and familiar with firmware and software programming.

I am unsure if it the budget will allow for 1k units but how would I go about pricing this?

Also would it be possible to work with the firmware in conjunction with you?

Thanks

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:50:54 pm »

Hello,

Thanks for providing info and details about your background.

After checking with the appropriate department about this request, they stated that they required an MOQ of 1k, as well as an NRE cost. Not only the firmware needs to be modified to implement this feature, our own software needs to be modified as well to include this function. That would include a set of testing and verification for a certain number of days.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to comply with your request about this. However, we will try to include this feature in the next generation of our DataLoggers. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:15:23 pm by USG_TECH10 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.852 seconds with 19 queries.