USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings and Question  (Read 950 times)

revcp

Greetings and Question
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:53:10 am »

Hello, all
I'm a new 580P user.  Used it for the first time this morning on my trainer.  I'm impressed by the workmanship of the material and the flexibility of the software.  I have an "old" Polar wearlink+ strap for which I ordered a garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor transmitter from ebay, so will soon be tracking pulse.  I'm also trying to choose between the garmin gsc 10 and bontrager interchange combo sensor for use on bike #2.
Anyway, my question is about runtime with gps off.  In early March I will be doing an extended trainer ride to raise money for my church and I'm hoping the device won't die on my.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Greetings and Question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:07:30 pm »

Hello,

Welcome to the forums! Good to hear that you appreciate our product and the software.

Are you wondering about the battery life for the device when the GPS function is disabled? Apparently, we don't have any info on how long would the battery last when this function is off. However, we have an estimated battery life for the following:
GPS 3D Fix, Backlight Off 18 hours
GPS 3D Fix, Backlight On 14 hours
This info can be found in the GB-580 User Manual on page 11 here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/678/gb580_user_manual.pdf

I can check with our engineers to see if they have the battery life info when the GPS setting is disabled. Will keep you posted.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:09:26 pm by USG_TECH10 »

revcp

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 01:20:38 pm »

Thanks, Tech.  Yes, that is what I am wondering, what battery life is when the gps is disabled.  I would guess it would be significantly better.  Anyone have any hands on experience with this?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:03:01 am »

Hello revcp,

Just got a response from our engineers. Please refer below for the battery life of the GB-580 with the GPS function disabled:
GPS Disabled, Backlight Off: 72 hours  (Using a brand new battery or in best condition)
GPS Disabled, Backlight On: 44 hours  (Using a brand new battery or in best condition)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:55:54 am by USG_TECH10 »

gerhard

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:39 pm »

You can also use an USB battery charger to recharge the battery.
Since you can increase the time between points, the device can hold a lot of data.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 06:27:07 pm »

Good point, gerhard.

Hello revcp,

You can possibly try looking at the Power Bank charger that we have here: http://www.gs-sport.com/products.php?en_product_id=4&en_product_cnt_id=30

Since the device will be mounted on your bike at all times, please keep in mind that it's going to be a bit difficult to position the Power Bank on your bike. Unless, you find a way to have the charger positioned securely on the bike or manually remove the GB-580 from the bike mount and charge it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 18 queries.