USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting activity from GS-TGP  (Read 1413 times)

sbouju

• Regular Members
Exporting activity from GS-TGP
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:42:13 am »

If I export an "activity" (a track?) from Training Gym Pro to a .act file, what can I do with it, then?

I note too that if I export it as a .gpx file, I cannot open it directly with Google Earth or other usual programs: I need first to make a GPX to GPX conversion with gpsies... Can this goal be more direct, one day?

sbouju

• Regular Members
Re: Exporting activity from GS-TGP
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:37:08 am »

If I export an "activity" (a track?) from Training Gym Pro to a .act file, what can I do with it, then?

I note too that if I export it as a .gpx file, I cannot open it directly with Google Earth or other usual programs: I need first to make a GPX to GPX conversion with gpsies... Can this goal be more direct, one day?

Not exactly in relation, but it will act like a "Up!"...  ;)

I very often have this message:

... but not all the time, happily, so I don't think it is a "COM port / baud rate" problem.

What are the tips in order to have a more predictible connection between the watch and the PC?

gerhard

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 04:24:21 pm »

Import to another TGP?
Custom formats include all data as saved by the device that could be used by other applications. None that I know of implements the .act format.

I very often have this message:

... but not all the time, happily, so I don't think it is a "COM port / baud rate" problem.

What are the tips in order to have a more predictible connection between the watch and the PC?
This may happen if the virtual COM port number changes. You may get the message if you use separate USB ports.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:21:48 pm »

Dear Gerhard

Thank you for your help :)

Have a nice weekend  ;)

Best Regards,
Angela

sbouju

• Regular Members
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 02:11:37 am »

I had loved if this tip was OK for me, but it now looks like if none of my 3 USB ports was no longer working (with just my GH-625XT, happily!)
I have tried thousands of combinations, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and/or GS-TGP, etc. ==> nothing works.

Edit: it may be just a cable issue, having two cable (the original, and another). I just twice succeeded connecting my GH-625 XT to my two computers just in replacing the used cable with the other...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:21:47 am by sbouju »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 19 queries.