USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Navigation and Tracking  (Read 970 times)

Mike4tsix

• Regular Members
Navigation and Tracking
« on: March 08, 2013, 04:58:48 pm »

Hi guys

My first post here as I just bougth a 580p yesterday.  :)
Frist of all I would like to thank everyone that spends some time here trying and in deed helping others!  ;)

My questions were several but I managed to get almost all of them answered by reading other topics.  :D
Nevertheless I still have a few doubts!

I use Strava a lot anda already know that it is only possible to export my activity using SportTraks (Hope Globalsat can introduce a feature in order to do it straight from the device or globalsat own software)

As we compete with each other on Strava to get the best time, we also like to share our rides with our Strava friends as well as see the routes they do and discover new places by doing so.

First question:

-I believe I can use a gpx from a friend, insert it on the 580p device in order to follow the same route he did by using the "Open File" and selecting the gpx file, right? or is it best to open a kml file previously converted from his gpx?

Second question:

-After opening the file, the only way to export his route to the device is by the "Data Transmission" - "Track Points" - "Upload to Device"?
I ask this because it will appear on the device as a "Activity" and not as a "Route" which was more likely to happen, right?

Third question:

-Is it possible to follow your friend's "Route" or "Activity" or "Waypoint" (depending on the previous answer) and at the same time record your own activity (speed, time, hr, cadence, etc.) in order to get home and export your gpx to Strava?

I hope my questions are easy to understand and I truly hope you can help me out on this ones.

All the best

Miguel Mendes

Mike4tsix

• Regular Members
Re: Navigation and Tracking
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:47:37 pm »

Hi again

Is there anyone that can help? Maybe a Globalsat Moderator?

Thanks

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:48 pm »

Hello Mike4tsix,

I believe I can use a gpx from a friend, insert it on the 580p device in order to follow the same route he did by using the "Open File" and selecting the gpx file, right? or is it best to open a kml file previously converted from his gpx?
You can load in SportTracks a GPX from everybody, after looking ore changing a bit on the ride, you can upload it to the GB580 in [ACTIVITY]. Tracks are going always in Activity. Waypoints go in [NAVIGATION].
If you use GS-Sport Training Gym Pro (TGPro) the best thing is to convert GPX to KML, and upload it to the GB580P with [DATA TRANSMISSION]-->[TRACKPOINTS].
If you use TGPro have a look in [CONFIGURATION]->[DEVICE CONFIGURATION] it makes it possible to save you user pages and other settings, to computer and device.

Is it possible to follow your friend's "Route" or "Activity" or "Waypoint" (depending on the previous answer) and at the same time record your own activity (speed, time, hr, cadence, etc.) in order to get home and export your gpx to Strava?
If you start a activity (trackback) and follow it, it records automatic your activity. You can however stop it if you press the right bottom button. and it saves your activity after asking you?
Also is it possible to stop trackback,  for that you go to [MENU]->[NAVIGATION]--> [STOP GOTO].
After this you can go back to where you started with [MENU]->[NAVIGATION]--> [BACK TO START],this is sky direction.

With regards,

Albert
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:48:07 pm by albert »
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

gerhard

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »

-After opening the file, the only way to export his route to the device is by the "Data Transmission" - "Track Points" - "Upload to Device"?
I ask this because it will appear on the device as a "Activity" and not as a "Route" which was more likely to happen, right?

There is some documentation (or at least random notes) about Navigation for the ST Plugin, why you do not want to use Routes for navigation:
http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/wiki/Features

Mike4tsix

• Regular Members
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:16:36 pm »

Thank you Albert and Gerhard for the reply!  ;)

If I did understood it correctly, the device will show you the track and also record your own activity. If so, thats awsome!

I'll check it out.

Thanks once more guys!!

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 19 queries.