USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GB 580 P and Strava  (Read 1947 times)

sassota

GB 580 P and Strava
« on: April 29, 2013, 12:25:04 pm »

Guys, I've sent some emails to strava crew about an issue. All elevation profile recorded by GB are discarded and Strava uses their own database provided by satellite, so, there are a lot of errors. An exemple, there's a route over here that total climb are very low, maybe 500 meters total, but when I upload to strava, they considerer more than 2000 meters, just because they are ignoring elevation profile on TCX file.

Here is what I wrote and what they wrote me back:

Mat Gordon, Apr 25 09:52 am (PDT):
Hello-

Unfortunately not; there are only a few devices with elevation data that we 'trust' - and at this point there isn't a way to convince Strava to use that data from other devices.

Sorry for the trouble.

Mat
strava.com/athletes/mat_gordon
Strava Support Team

Daniel Sasso, Apr 24 11:49 am (PDT):
Hi, I'm using a Globalsat GB 580P device, it has barometric altimeter, and when I export TCX file, it contains correct elevation profle, but when I upload to Strava, it "corrects" elevation using Strava database. Sometimes when a ride is longer I can see the elevation profile recorded before the "correction" and appears to be pretty fine... Is there a way to use elevation profile on TCX file instead using your own satelitte database?

Tks a lot.

-end

Since the problem "appears" to be only "trusted" devices, Can Globalsat do something to gain their trust?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:16:20 am by sassota »

gerhard

Re: GB 580 P and Strava
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:46:50 pm »

You may get a workaround with SportTracks and tcxexport plugin:
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10143&start=75

kenben

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 03:31:37 pm »

hi, i installed the sporttracks stuff also the tcx.. but it is not clear to me how i can upload the log... could you tell what to do so Ican upload my log to strava. tnx

gerhard

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:07:54 pm »

I do not use Strava and have not much need for the tcx export plugin.
A quick search to find the following related discussion in the ST forum.
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10143&start=75

sassota

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:51:26 am »

After importing data on Sporttracks, export as a TCX file and import on Strava, on Strava website click on right upper corner <Upload Activity>, then click <From File> and select file.

foo_fighter

• Regular Members
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 06:23:04 pm »

You can actually have export2tcx call another program the e-mails the tcx file to upload@strava.com. That's what I do and it saves the manual upload step.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 19 queries.