USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Routes & Stuff  (Read 696 times)

Paulo

• Regular Members
Routes & Stuff
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:10:05 am »

Hi.

I have one doubt regarding how the watch handles Routes.

If I send a route to the device, to follow later, I get different results using Sport Training Gym and GS plugin for Sport Tracks 3.

That lead me to some doubts.

I have a track with 100Km.

If I send it with ST Gym Pro the send process takes 1 second. The route appears as expected in the Routes menu, etc. The watch memory is fully available: + 120.000 points. No waypoints are sent.

If I sent it with the GS plugin for Sport Tracks 3 the send process takes 5 minutes. The send process sends 100 Waypoints. If I don't reduce the points I only get a 16,5Km route. If I reduce the points I get the whole route and the same 100 WP's.

Where is the route stored? Even if I delete the WP's later the route remains. That makes sense, but what memory is storing the route points? How many points are there? What's the resolution (meaning how many points per meter are there?

The Sport Training Gym Pro seems more clean and accurate process but I have much less control over that process. Adding WP's etc. is much more better in Sport Tracks.

What is the workflow you use to draw and send long Routes with WP's to the watch?

gerhard

Re: Routes & Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

First: There is a difference between routes and courses. This is somehow described for the Globalsat device plugin:
http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/wiki/Features#Waypoints,_Routes_and_Courses
The description also have some suggestions on how to handle routes/courses/activities.

It seems like you send Routes in TGP and activities in ST, but it never takes 5 min for me.

A Globalsat Route must have Waypoints. The GH-625XT is a little special though, it may be that the route waypoints are separate from the standalone waypoints. I do actually not know how this works, this is not described in the documentation. I had to guess a lot to get this working, the firmware was updated while implementing and I have not tried more alternatives since it got it working.

Missing course points is something that limits the usefulness of routes/track back.

Paulo

• Regular Members
Re: Routes & Stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 05:08:04 pm »

As you said there are some diferences. I wasn't sending activities in ST. I do confirm that ST sends the route and 100 WP's. I can delete the WP's after and the route remains.
Ths ST Gym just sends the Route, no WP's.

It uses less points because the margin error is much bigger in ST Gym. You send a 60Km route and the watch route summary says it has 46Km i.e.

If I send the route with ST it has more points because the route lenght in the watch menu is more close to the real route length

- I don't know how many points the 625XT has for storing routes
- Could be 100 but those are not the WP's because I can delete those and the route remains there and can be used
- I don't know how many points the ST Gym Pro uses but it uses far less than ST.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:16:39 pm by Paulo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 19 queries.