USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-505 testers recruit!  (Read 7940 times)

canadien

Re: GH-505 testers recruit!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 12:02:34 am »

Hi everybody,

I know this thread is getting old and you probably got all your testers, but even so, I would like to propose myself for beta testing the GH-505 if there is still some more places.

I bought the GH-625M in june last year. After two months, the battery would not charge anymore. I felt it was because I forgot it on charge before going to work. When I came back, I heard a shrill caming out of the watch. I was a bit perplex about what to think of the quality of the watch (no charge protector???).

Jesse in GlobalsatUSA offered me a pretty good customer support. After receving a new watch, automn and winter arrived in Montreal, Canada. I gave the watch a try and start to practice my marathon training in the cold seasons. I know it was not a long winter but I was really surprise to see that the watch did pass the cold test and from that time I fall back in love with it. I must admit that it did froze one time (all functions was unaccessible), but I can't tell if it was because the memory was full or because the weather was cold. Anyway, I did reset the watch and after that, when it was cold and windy (about -20 celcius), I placed the watch under my sleeve and I always been able to track my workout. Nice, what a good surprise!  :)

As for the GH-505, I think it will get the two biggest improvment I was looking for: the submersibilty and the interval training. I wrote a few times to the tech support about setting up the intervall training to the GH-625M. They told me that they weren't able because the processor was already loaded. Interval training is the technic I use to improve my average speed. Saving every time I stop running when doing stop and go is not really effective. So, like abdominizer and others, I will really enjoy and test this feature hard.

As for the submersibilty, it will it will allow me to try what I wanted to do since some time already: the half ironman and maybe the ironman as well. I just moved near a water canal where there is a large swimming pool and a long cycle track. I feel like to try this adventure. Even if running remains my main discipline. I just have to wait for the pool to heat up with the coming days...

Good luck to all and I can't wait to see the improvements that you guys will bring us ;-)

Simon
PS
Mac os X user with parallel desktop used only to run SportRack and S-Sport Training Gym.

And excuse my english by the way (I am a french Canadian)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 09:24:41 am »

Hi everybody,

I know this thread is getting old and you probably got all your testers, but even so, I would like to propose myself for beta testing the GH-505 if there is still some more places.

I bought the GH-625M in june last year. After two months, the battery would not charge anymore. I felt it was because I forgot it on charge before going to work. When I came back, I heard a shrill caming out of the watch. I was a bit perplex about what to think of the quality of the watch (no charge protector???).

Jesse in GlobalsatUSA offered me a pretty good customer support. After receving a new watch, automn and winter arrived in Montreal, Canada. I gave the watch a try and start to practice my marathon training in the cold seasons. I know it was not a long winter but I was really surprise to see that the watch did pass the cold test and from that time I fall back in love with it. I must admit that it did froze one time (all functions was unaccessible), but I can't tell if it was because the memory was full or because the weather was cold. Anyway, I did reset the watch and after that, when it was cold and windy (about -20 celcius), I placed the watch under my sleeve and I always been able to track my workout. Nice, what a good surprise!  :)

As for the GH-505, I think it will get the two biggest improvment I was looking for: the submersibilty and the interval training. I wrote a few times to the tech support about setting up the intervall training to the GH-625M. They told me that they weren't able because the processor was already loaded. Interval training is the technic I use to improve my average speed. Saving every time I stop running when doing stop and go is not really effective. So, like abdominizer and others, I will really enjoy and test this feature hard.

As for the submersibilty, it will it will allow me to try what I wanted to do since some time already: the half ironman and maybe the ironman as well. I just moved near a water canal where there is a large swimming pool and a long cycle track. I feel like to try this adventure. Even if running remains my main discipline. I just have to wait for the pool to heat up with the coming days...

Good luck to all and I can't wait to see the improvements that you guys will bring us ;-)

Simon
PS
Mac os X user with parallel desktop used only to run SportRack and S-Sport Training Gym.

And excuse my english by the way (I am a french Canadian)

Hi Simon,

It is highly appreciated that you provide the detail review and using our product.
Customer are the resource to drive us progressing and we always to do our best for you.
I am not sure what problem comes from your watch? It seems component damanged.
GH-505 has a big improvment on water resistance and power comsumption and training features. And the program has been finished, I hope you are the next lucky one.
Actually, interval training is keeping development, I think it will be ready soon.

The wether is still cold, we expect it will be getting warmer and everybody can enjoy outdoor activity.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Sundown

• Regular Members
  • Find Me a Mountain Sowewhere
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 12:06:37 am »

Hello Geoffrey

I would also like to be considered for any future beta testing of your GPS Sport devices.

I am a member of a small local Running group ( about 40 people ) in Brisbane, Australia.
Most of my friends are using Garmin devices ( FR305,FR405 & FR310) and I am interested in trying something different.

The GH-505 seems to have a lot of the features that I require for running training and racing.

I currently only use a Timex Ironman watch and am in training for a Half Marathon in July.

Looking forward to the GH505 release

Colin 

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 10:25:36 am »

Hello Geoffrey

I would also like to be considered for any future beta testing of your GPS Sport devices.

I am a member of a small local Running group ( about 40 people ) in Brisbane, Australia.
Most of my friends are using Garmin devices ( FR305,FR405 & FR310) and I am interested in trying something different.

The GH-505 seems to have a lot of the features that I require for running training and racing.

I currently only use a Timex Ironman watch and am in training for a Half Marathon in July.

Colin

Hi Colin,

What Timex device do you get training? I heard Timex will announce the new GPS watch.

GH-505 has several features what Garmin doesn't have. Such as:
- Smart Track Back;
- Over 6000 Laps and 62000 waypoints;
- Watch Mode;

Welcome to join us. :D

Geoffrey

Sundown

• Regular Members
  • Find Me a Mountain Sowewhere
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 07:36:00 pm »

Hello Geoffrey

The Timex watch is a Ironman Triathlon Sleek 150.
It records up to 150 laps ( set by a button push ) and has Interval timer alarms.
To calculate my pace, I have to run pre-determined routes where I know the kilometre marks.

I am monitoring the release of the new Timex Global Trainer GPS watch but I like the look of the GH-505 better

Colin

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 09:09:36 am »

Hello Geoffrey

Colin

Hi Colin,

What Timex device do you get training? I heard Timex will announce the new GPS watch.

GH-505 has several features what Garmin doesn't have. Such as:
- Smart Track Back;
- Watch Mode;

Welcome to join us. :D

Geoffrey

Hello all,
Update GH-505 other advantage features compares to Garmin:
- Smart Track Back;
- Watch Mode;

- UTM coordination supports, you can do outdoor advanture;
- All parameters can be set by PC Software;

Regards

Geoffrey ;D

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 21 queries.