USGlobalSat GPS Forums > Comments

Installation of prolific driver mac

(1/2) > >>

aguenther:
In the user manual, you tell to check the sytem information underusb, inoder to confirm a proper installation. But this only works, if the gps device is connected. Otherwise the driver isn't shown.

USG_TECH9:
Hello aguenther,

What device are you using?
What version of OSX are you using?

If it's one of our USB GPS Receivers, you can test it with our GPS Utility: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/688/mac_gps_utility_v2.zip

Thanks.

-Jesse

aguenther:
BU-353, Mac OSX 10.9

USG_TECH9:
Hello aguenther,

So I am still a bit unclear as to the issue you're having. Did you test the BU-353 with the GPS Utility I mentioned in my last post?

If so, what happened? Were you able to select "usbserial" as the port?

And of course, you must have the BU-353 plugged in, in order for your computer to recognize it.

If you're still having issues, please provide some details as to your specific issue.

Thanks.

-Jesse

aguenther:
Hi Jesse,
I was just confused about your installation description. Because for me it wasn't clear that the GPS has to be connecred before the driver shows up in the system information. I have been looking and looking and thought the installtion went wrong, befor e I found out the the BU-353 has to be connected before. I just wanted to help others not to run into the same confusion as I did after reading the installation information.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version