USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TR-151s bricked from firmware update  (Read 429 times)

buffpojken

TR-151s bricked from firmware update
« on: November 07, 2013, 12:20:50 am »

Hi,

I desperately need help with 3 bricked 151s. Today I was preparing a batch of 13 trackers for deployment, 3 203s and 10 151s.

When connecting the 151s to the Management Center, it tells me to update the firmware. I download the latest firmware from the site, and go ahead. 7 of them update perfectly without issues, but three of them simply refuse to work. Halfway through the process, the application tells me "No device connected" or something similar, and shuts down the update process. The trackers now display a continous red exclamation mark whenever they are connected to a power source.

The center finds the COM-port when searching, but nothing works. Trying to update the firmware again fails, trying to change settings fails ans trying to restart them fails. In essence, they have become expensive paperweights.

What should I do? I need these deployed post-haste but nothing I've tries (re-update, settings, power cycle, change SIM, etc) makes the slightest difference.

USG_TECH9

• Administrator
    • USGlobalSat
Re: TR-151s bricked from firmware update
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:55:43 am »

Hello buffpojken,

In order to better help you, we recommend that you visit our website: (http://usglobalsat.com/store/signin.aspx?ReturnURL=support/). Register your product and generate a "Support Ticket" from within our system.

If you had purchased the item from the USGlobalSat website, you should already have a customer account and password. You can immediately log-in using that info. If you purchased it from one of our authorized resellers, you will need to establish a NEW account at: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/createaccount.aspx.

With the support ticket, we'll have a better understanding of your scenario and will able to better help you out.

Thanks.

-Jesse
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:59:24 pm by USG_TECH9 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 18 queries.