USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-625M cannot start  (Read 304 times)

Dmac

• Regular Members
GH-625M cannot start
« on: January 14, 2014, 01:16:57 am »

About 3 weeks ago I did a run in the rain and later I noticed what looked like some moisture under the front plate. The functions were all working perfectly. Yesterday I also did a run in the rain and the watch also worked. I saved the run and switched it off. Today, I notice the "water" patch appears to be larger and the watch would not start the normal way. I tried pressing + and - and start buttons and it did start up and searched for satellites but as soon as I pressed any button, the data page switch from page to page very rapidly. Is there any solution to this?
Thanks
Dmac
3 days ago, I decided to apply some home remedies to revive the watch. A few hours in the tropical sun plus 5 minutes of hair dryer blast. The water patch appears to have shrunk a bit. Overnight, it shrank again. Tested the watch yesterday. It worked although the attitude reading is not correct. Distance appears to be OK but needs testing also. Taking it out for another go in the jungle today. Hope it does not rain.
Dmac
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:56:41 am by Dmac »

USG_TECH9

• Administrator
    • USGlobalSat
Re: GH-625M cannot start
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:02:49 pm »

Hello Dmac,

Sorry to hear about your watch problems. The GH-625M has an IPX7 rating, so running in the rain shouldn't be a problem. If moisture leaked into the display area, then there might be a compromise on the seal around the display. How long have you had the GH-625M? And where did you purchase it from? It might be covered under warranty, if you purchased it from an authorized reseller & it was purchased within a year. If it's not, then your best bet would be use the blow dryer and the sun and see if that helps revive your watch.

Thanks.

-Jesse

Dmac

• Regular Members
Re: GH-625M cannot start
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:14:48 am »

I have been using this watch for the last 3 years, usually once a week when we do our jungle trek/run. Most of the time I do wash it under the tap after I get back and did not have any problems. I used the watch on Monday and fortunately it did not rain. As mentioned before, the distance appears to be correct but the attitude reading is wrong. Guess I just have to live with it. By the way the start/stop cover broke off. It is now taped back to the watch but it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 20 queries.