USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware Requests  (Read 5522 times)

Dauerläufer

Firmware Requests
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:59:41 am »

Hello,
I´m also using the GH615-M wiht the Firmware for the 625 and I´m very happy with it.
But there are already some points which could be better.
1. In the Activity-Summary thre could be an information about the cummultative + and - altitude.
(I´ve already written that these both are incorrect shown in the user-configured window)
2. In the temporary Lap-Information-Window while I´m running the info shows the lap-time and the time over all. Instead of the time over all it would be interesting to have an information of the average heartrate in the last lap to see the corellation between lap-time and average heartrate.

Regards
Dauerläufer

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Firmware Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:27:23 am »

Dear  Dauerläufer

It is apprecitated for the useful suggestion.
We will consider to implement into the next release. For item1, do you mean the information of cumulate and altitude is not correct?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Dauerläufer

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 08:52:52 am »

Hello,

in item 1 I mean the cumulate of the altitude upwards and downwards. They should be shown in the track-summary. I naturally also would be hapy, if the values which are shown on the user-configured window under the fields named altitude + and altitude - while I`m recordinmg a track, would be correct. Wiht the actual beta-firmware the values are rubbish because the are completly wrong. The algorithm they are calculated with, must be wrong. Currently I only can get an information about the cumultative altitude after downloading the track in Training-Gym. (Unfortunately the values in sporttracks are also wrong when the data is imported with the GH-625-plugin.)
Regards
Dauerläufer

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 08:09:23 am »

Dear Dauerläufer

Thanks for your suggestion.
Now I am fully understand what you mean. I try to collect and summary your ideas:
- Rename cumulate+/- to altitude+/-
- Improve the alogritm of altitude+/- calualtion
- Add average heart rate of last Lap in Lap-Information Window.

Let me know if any mistakes.
It is highly appreciated if you introduce your friend to buy GH product.

Thanks,

Geoffrey

Dauerläufer

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 03:55:23 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I see you understand right. But you must not rename cumulate in altitude in the custom window, please only make it working.
And please show the cululate + and cumulate - in the activity info-summary.

Best regards

Dauerläufer

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:52:39 am »

Dear Dauerläufer

Thanks in advice.
We will check and let you know if any updated.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:51 am »

Dear valued customers

We have done a new beta version firmware with many features now.
Which includes:
- Improve the alogritm of cumulate
- Add a Lap custom page with several information for definition
- More stable heart information.

Please send me email for request, thanks.

Geoffrey  :D

Trader

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 04:56:38 am »

Dear valued customers

We have done a new beta version firmware with many features now.
Which includes:
- Improve the alogritm of cumulate
- Add a Lap custom page with several information for definition
- More stable heart information.

Please send me email for request, thanks.

Geoffrey  :D

I have tested new beta firmware two times now. The heart information is wery inaccurate. It's much worse than in previos version of firmware. The heart beat jams on 222 for many minutes. And it does not get down at all.
Btw. my max heartrate is about 195.. So there is some trouble in software.

One suggestion for you to improve: Is it possible to get light on when lap is full and lap screen appears? It would be good feature here up north where is dark in evenings..

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 08:51:32 am »

The heart information is wery inaccurate. It's much worse than in previos version of firmware. The heart beat jams on 222 for many minutes. And it does not get down at all.

I couldn´t confirm this. The heartrate shown by GH-615 with new beta-firmware ist nearly the same as the heartrate shown by my Polar S810i, I weared parallel last sunday when I runned 25 km. Average HF Polar was 149 bpm, Globalsat 148 bpm. There weren´t any artefacts.

Regards
Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

Trader

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 11:42:16 am »

The heart information is wery inaccurate. It's much worse than in previos version of firmware. The heart beat jams on 222 for many minutes. And it does not get down at all.

I couldn´t confirm this. The heartrate shown by GH-615 with new beta-firmware ist nearly the same as the heartrate shown by my Polar S810i, I weared parallel last sunday when I runned 25 km. Average HF Polar was 149 bpm, Globalsat 148 bpm. There weren´t any artefacts.

Regards
Longjog
I had same case in older version of firmware (no beta). There was nearly none errors on heartrate. I think that I try parallel with my old Polar.

Trader

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 02:56:07 pm »

Ok, heartbeat is no more iaccurate. There was something in hrm. I cleaned it up good and now the heartbeat is steady. So te previous post is    unnecessary, sorry about that.

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 04:05:23 pm »

Here are some suggestions for FW improvements
(for 615/625 or next HW) tah I have had for a while.

1. Suggestion: Remove "Activity" -> "Memory Capacity" menu item and replace the space with the capacity. One button less to press and you see it as you do other stuff like on the way to view your training. You will have two lines for the display, maybe even a "progress" bar can be showed :)

Rationale:
1.1. The menu item takes up the same space as the data, so why have to select it.
1.2. Usually I don't empty my watch after every run, sometimes it's been a while since I emptied it,  sometimes I remember to check before I run but most of the time I don't. Usually I just hope my run will fit.  But after every run I go into "Activity" -> "Activity Info" If i saw the "Memory Capacity" directly i in the "Activity" page before selecting "Activity Info" I will notice it and have it somewhat better monitored.

2. Display GPS variation, forerunner seem to have a feature where if you stand still it will tell you how much the GPS data variates like displaing +/- 12 m if you have GPS position "jumping"  around inside a 24m radie.

3. Timezone, maybe the clock could warn (on startup?) if it is way out of my "selected timezone" and open the timezone selector on request?  (I missed changing my timezone on my buisness trip.)
It might be hard to detect "near" timezones as timezone follow contry boarders and are not stright lines, meanaing that it will sometime work and sometimes not on near timezones. This will probably just making people angry when it didn't work so maybe it should not be implemented. Well the Idea is good but might require "timezone" border awareness -> bigger ROM -> less memory for data. Save this idea for the future when we have "big" memorys in the watches.... (and color 3D photo-maps and other cool features). But then it can autoselect timezone so you will never have to set it anyway.

Take care!
/Zingo

marcofly

• Regular Members
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 04:27:05 pm »

I have a GH615M and I think it is a good product with a lot of potential. However, even though I made the last upgrade to 2.2, I think there is a lot to improve on, even with small adjustments. Primarily, the routes don’t work – I tried in every way possible; when you get to a waypoint, it doesn't jump to the next waypoint. If this were to work,  it would have to automatically jump to the next waypoint.
If there is some way to work in the way, please give me some pointers.

Grazie, and I look forward to your response,

Marco

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 12:52:15 am »

I have a GH615M and I think it is a good product with a lot of potential. However, even though I made the last upgrade to 2.2, I think there is a lot to improve on, even with small adjustments. Primarily, the routes don’t work – I tried in every way possible; when you get to a waypoint, it doesn't jump to the next waypoint. If this were to work,  it would have to automatically jump to the next waypoint.
If there is some way to work in the way, please give me some pointers.

Grazie, and I look forward to your response,

Marco

Dear Marcro

We have release Training Gym V2,1 and be able to plan the wapoints of routes, you can find more information in
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=950.msg1815#msg1815

Regards

Geoffrey
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 20 queries.