USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-625M F.A.Q.'s  (Read 2866 times)

emadrid

• Administrator
GH-625M F.A.Q.'s
« on: April 01, 2011, 05:24:23 pm »

GH-625M GPS FAQ

1.) Q: What should I do if GH-625 won't power on?
1.) A: Press  up + down  and  power  buttons at the same time, you will be able to turn on GH-625 in firmware upgrade mode.Please follow the regular firmware upgrade procedure.

2.) Q: What should I do when upgrade firmware fail?
Note: Do not power down your GH-625
2.) A: Please follow the upgrade firmware procedure in question 1 till the upgrade succeeds.

3.) Q: After installing the GS-Sport Training Gym software and running it, a pop-up window states "the service is not ready"
3.) A: Please close and reopen the software, the database will reset automatically.

4.) Q: How to backup the database before I update the GS-Sport Training Gym software?
4.) A:Step 1: Backup the database from C:\Program Files\GlobalSat Technology\GS-Sport Training Gym\MySQL\data before you un-install the GS-Sport Training Gym.
Step 2: After GS-Sport Training Gym install accomplished, try to input "net top mysql1" at COMMAND MODE to stop SQL services.
Step 3: Copy and overwrite the database back to the corresponding folder

5.) Q: How can I uninstall GS-Sport Training Gym?
5.) A:Step 1: Use uninstall function from Windows menu:
Step 2: Start > Programs > Globalsat GS-Sport > Uninstall GS-Sport.
Step 3: Use add/remove program from Windows control panel: Start > Setting > Control panel > Add/Remove program, search for GS-Sport Training Gym and uninstall.

6.) Q: Where can I download the driver and software if I lost my GH-625 CD?
6.) A:Please go to http://www.globalsat.com.tw

7.) Q: How to keep my training records when upgrading the GS-Sport Training Gym software(new version)
7.) A:Step 1: Backup the database from C:\Program Files\GlobalSat Technology\GS-Sport Training Gym\MySQL\data before you un-installing the GS-Sport Training Gym.
Step 2: After GS-Sport Training Gym installing accomplished, try to input "net stop mysql1" at COMMAND MODE to stop SQL services.
Step 3: Copy and overwrite the database back to the corresponding folder.

8.) Q: Why can't I upgrade GH-625 with new firmware?
8.) A:Step 1: Please check if the firmware file is correct.
8.) A:Step 2: Confirm GH-625 sets to System Upgrade mode.

9.) Q: Why does it show "PC com port error" when I download data?
9.) A:Step 1: Please check if the USB driver is installed or not.
Step 2: Connect GH-625 to your PC with the USB cable.
Step 3: Double click the GS-Sport Training Gym  icon from desktop to start the application.
Step 4: From menu bar click Configurations / COM Port Setting, and the application will auto re-scan Com Port , if failed, click Scan  button. COM port will be automatically scanned.

10.) Q: Why can't the GH-625M receive aheart rate signal?
10.) A:Step 1: Check if you correctly wear the heart rate belt or not.
Step 2: Wet the sensors with water or a water-based conducting gel to ensure good contact.
Step 3: Turn on the Heart Rate Monitor function in GH-625M.
Step 4: If it is still not working, check the battery of Heart Rate monitor.

11.) Q: Why can I export data to Google Earth, but not to Google Earth Pro?
11.) A:Since the installed directory are different between Google Earth and Google Earth Pro, sometimes you can t wake up it directly by click on GS-Sport Training Gym Software; you have to follow the bellowing procedure to wake up it:
Step 1: If GS-Sport Training Gym can t show the map to the Google Earth or Google Earth Pro, the pop-up message will ask you if want to modify the directory or not.
Step 2: To find the directory of Google Earth or Google Earth Pro you installed, choose the googleearth.exe then click OPEN to finish.
Step 3: Finally, the Google Earth or Google Earth Pro could be opened.

12.) Q: How to edit and upload waypoints through GS-Sport Training Gym?
Edit
12.) A:Step 1: From Track Records to select training file what you want to browse
12.) A:Step 2: Click  waypoints  of function bar and you can see all waypoints list, select one waypoint and click right button to edit contents of waypoint.
12.) A:Step 3: You can edit property of waypoint and save.
Upload
12.) A:Step 4: Mark waypoints that you want and follow below step.[Menu Bar] -> [Data Transmission] -> [Way Points] -> [Upload to Device]
(for GH-625 device, please enter CONFIGURATION > CONNECT TO PC). You can see the successful message that upload waypoint to device.

14.) Q: What format of training file does GS-Sport Training Gym support?
14.) A: GS-Sport Training Gym can save/open the training record as/from kml, nmea, gpx, csv, txt file.
Step 1: OPEN
[Menu Bar] -> [File] -> [Open] -> Select one file type and file name you want to open.
Step 2: SAVE
Select one training file you want to save. [Menu Bar] -> [File] -> [Save] -> Select one file type you want to save as.

15.) Q: How to import or export the training records from or to file?
15.) A: User can use GS-Sport training gym to import/export the training records from/to specific file. (.ACT)
Step 1: Import Activity
[Menu Bar] -> [Main] -> [Import Activity] -> Choose one file you want to import.
Step 1: Export Activity
Choose one training file you want to export then follow below step.
[Menu Bar] -> [Main] -> [Export Activity] -> [Activity Details] -> select sporting type and note and then click OK .

17.) Q: Why did a message pop-up stating: "database not ready"  & "canít be started on Vista"
17.) A: Windows Vista has a more serious UAC means of accessing control. If enabled it will prevent the application from connecting to local services due to how the database accessed. You will have to use the following method under administrator.
Please follow the instruction below to active the service:
Step 1: Open Services Setting from Startup -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System & Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Services
Step 2: Find out service name  MySQL1 .
Step 3: Select MySQL1 and click  Start  to connect it.
Step 4: Please try to open Training Gym again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 19 queries.