USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RS232 flow data  (Read 3198 times)

massimo

RS232 flow data
« on: March 11, 2009, 04:02:24 am »

Hello,
I connected my Globalsat BR-355 to a RS232 device (a PLC module). I would like to ask 3 questions:

1. I sent input command ($PSRF100) to the Globalsat BR-355 to change the communication parameters (the parity), but no effect: the Globalsat BR-355 seems to ignore my input command, where is the problem?

2. I want to know how the Globalsat BR-355 sends NMEA string: is there a specific sequence or order the NMEA message are sent? May I choose which message to receive?

3. Is the time information always sent by the Globalsat BR-355, even when no satellite is available?

Thank you

paura

Re: RS232 flow data
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 10:24:14 am »

Hi massimo,

I have a similar problem.

I sent to the BR-355  the input command $PSRF103 because I need it to send me only the $GPRMC output sentence, but instead it answers me with a sequence of: $GPGGA, $GPRMC, $GPGSV, $GPGLL. And I couldn't figure out why. But if you don't send it any input command it only retrieves trash.

Could you solve your problem?

Thanks!

rhsutwg

• Regular Members
Re: RS232 flow data
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 10:05:31 pm »

Paura,

Except of sending command to turn "on" GPRMC output, you have to send commands to turn "off" GPGGA, GPGSV, & GPGLL, etc....Otherwise, the output sentence is not ONLY GPRMC.

Thanks,
Rach
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 20 queries.