USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Testers wanted!!!  (Read 22184 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Testers wanted!!!
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:41:36 am »

Dear members,

If you are enthusiast of training and adventure;
If you are like to self-challgenge;
If you are love trying the new things and sharing ideas;

Come in here ~~~ We want you join !!
Your ideas are always welcome for us to make the products perfect, for the next generation products, we will reserve few samples for our premium members and the others for members who allow the posting rule to share many advices. Our services team will elect the lucky memebers base on the ideas amount and contents.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:13:52 am by TWG_TECH4 »

Roger C

Re: Testers wanted!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:32:39 am »

I am Mr Testing , so yes, i like to be a part of this next generation products "perfectmakingteam" :)

I have used my GH-625 at every trainingsession (3-5 times a week), since a bought it in December 08 , with much up and down experience, wow feeling with the gps function and not that wow with the hbm mode.

But that will probably change with future products or already with a new super firmware, but i think this heartnoise problem is hard to take away with new software.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:52:54 pm »

Hello Mr.Testing

Glad hearing from you~~
Regularly training will make body healthy and strong.
We are going to implement new technologies of heart rate as wireless, and super alogrithm on calculation to make perfect. And our testers test it everyday. Now they are very strong.  :)

Now the 3 types watches and handheld travelling device samples will be ready on May. Expect you can join.

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 01:53:37 am »

Hi,

I like to join your team of testers. I've used my GH-615 for a couple of years now. I'm addicted to gadgets and training (4-5 days a week). My training experience is running, biking (MTB, road), skiing and canoeing.

During the day I work with test development for telecom.

If it has a GPS or map... I'm interested. :)

Kind regards
Johan

ultrapetita

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:57:03 am »

If you want to have some help of a runner of ultra distances in your testing, please contact me.

Up to now I have quite a long experience in GH-615 GPS and HRM capability; GPS performance being best in class and HRM maybe still in development phase (or possibly I have just bad luck as my HR belt has started to "oscillate" and show >200bpm HR even if it worked perfectly in the beginning)

skeptisch

• Regular Members
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:42:14 pm »

Hi,

i am using GPS devices for sports and orientation for ten years now. I bought a GH 625 last Month and use it in comparison with my garmin (gecko) and other devices. Main activities are running, mtb, road biking, hiking, (ski) mounteneering. Build a nice small (and cheap) usb "recharcher" out of NiMh battery pack for the GH to make it suitable for longer outdoor tripps...

Would be great to join your testing team!

Greatings

P.S. could you sent me the beta firmware please - i sent Geoffrey several emails about it, but didnīt get any answer yet.

ultrapetita

Charger
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 01:42:53 am »

Build a nice small (and cheap) usb "recharcher" out of NiMh battery pack for the GH to make it suitable for longer outdoor tripps...

Hi skeptisch,

Did it look something like this?

This gives 2x full charge for the GH-615 and works for most of the mobile phones & USB charged devices.

(build up by soldering/glueing together recycled materials from some old electronics/computer devices)

quasi

• Regular Members
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »

Hi there!

I would like to test new devices.

I am using a GH615 with GH625 latest beta Firmware for running and mountain biking. I think the GH615 is a good piece of hardware, improvements are neccessary especially for the delivered application gssport. I really miss an "easy to use" function to load tracks and waypoints in the watch.
For training exercises i use Sporttracks 2.
I live in germany, and my english sux  ;-)

I you want me to be a tester, contact me.

greetinx,

quasi

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:13:11 am »

Hello ultrapetita

I am curious how do you get a training on ultra distance and how far is it?

Hi, skeptisch

It looks like a power pack, great... How do you think a solar power pack for outdoor application?

I didn't receive the mail  maybe the communication problem.
Please send me the request again and I will send u asap.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:17:50 am by TWG_TECH4 »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 08:28:09 am »

Hello Quasi

Nice to see you come back to our fourm.
You are always welcome to provide ideas for us to make our product perfect. Could you advise the idea of "easy to use" function and comments on Training Gym software, we will keep improving on our product accordingly.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

jakobi

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 09:47:14 am »

Hi

I would be glad to test new products. I have quite some experience (and not only positive) with both the gh615 B and M as well as the GH625B and M. I have also experience with the Garmin Forerunner models FR205, 305 and 405HR.

I believe where you guys really should get things going is by making more debugged, user- and install-friendly SOFTWARE (thinking about the pc utility and the GS-Sports versions) and focus on making things work, before getting it on the marked.

I generally do prefer Gsat above garmin for navigational reasons - but its very dissatisfying to spend time on attempting to make the pc-interface work. As a matter of fact after the latest g625 firmware update + GS-Sport 2.o software there is NOthing that communicates.... Practically killing the watch...

Jakob

snow_freak

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 01:37:11 pm »

Hello,
i would love to test the new devices and help to improve the products.
I am using GH625 for running, mountain biking, road biking and alpine ski touring.

Regards
snow_freak

skeptisch

• Regular Members
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 04:18:35 pm »

Hi Ultrapetita, Hi Geoffrey

yes it looks quit similar to your picture Ultrapetita, although i didn't use glue  :D

It's noting more then a battery pack (costs about 50 cent) and a old USB extension cable  i cutted and soldered to the pack. The input voltage of the GH-625 ist 4.6-5.6, so it works perfectly with my Eneloops... Of course one should be a bit cautious, if the NiMhs are coming right out of the recharger. Then they might have more then 1.45 V  each, which could be a bit more the GH likes. But if one uses them after one or more days, the voltage will most likely be below 1.4, so no danger for the device any more. If one wants to be on the save sight, one could us a Zener-diode + resistor to cut away the peaks, but i think this is not neccessary in my case.

@ Geoffrey: I'll try again to sent you me request. So far i didnīt try to use solar panels directly to recharge the watch (to much regulation effort neccessary-no time and mood to solder around, no intention do by a comercial product, which is usually too heavy and expensive for me). Instead i use a small panel to recharge my NiMhs (unregulated)  which i can use in many more devices then (headlamp, avalanche transceiver, PMR radio... and to recharge the GH-625 ;D ).

cheers

skeptisch

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 08:56:47 pm »

Hi

I would be glad to test new products. I have quite some experience (and not only positive) with both the gh615 B and M as well as the GH625B and M. I have also experience with the Garmin Forerunner models FR205, 305 and 405HR.

I believe where you guys really should get things going is by making more debugged, user- and install-friendly SOFTWARE (thinking about the pc utility and the GS-Sports versions) and focus on making things work, before getting it on the marked.

I generally do prefer Gsat above garmin for navigational reasons - but its very dissatisfying to spend time on attempting to make the pc-interface work. As a matter of fact after the latest g625 firmware update + GS-Sport 2.o software there is NOthing that communicates.... Practically killing the watch...

Jakob

Dear Jakob

Thanks for your using on our product.
Your comments always drive us progressing and make product perfect,  I am really appreciate that. BTW, could you share your comments between FR and GH products, so that we can get more ideas to improve our products.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 09:00:13 pm »

Hello,
i would love to test the new devices and help to improve the products.
I am using GH625 for running, mountain biking, road biking and alpine ski touring.

Regards
snow_freak

Dear snow_freak

It is welcome you will be the tester and provides ideas for us.
However we only have few samples, please kindly wait. We will elect the lucky members by the end of April.

Sincerely,

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 19 queries.