USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Testers wanted!!!  (Read 21243 times)

ultrapetita

Re: Testers wanted!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 01:44:18 am »

Hello ultrapetita

I am curious how do you get a training on ultra distance and how far is it?

Sincerely,
Geoffrey  :)

Hi Geoffrey,

Ultrarunning starts from marathon, i.e., 50km, 6hours, 100km, 24hours...

This means lots of kilometers in training, and GH-615 has so far the most accurate and reliable distance measurement I have seen (I have tried some other GPS devices, GPS mobile phones with several software, footpod based devices...)

The power pack, shown in the picture, will be used in real life during the running, too.

Br, ultrapetita

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:02:53 am »

Hi,

OT, but anyway...

ultrapetita:
I guess you are having the watch in your bag? Or how have you solved the cabling?

Regards
Johan

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 10:58:50 am »

Hello ultrapetita

I am curious how do you get a training on ultra distance and how far is it?

Sincerely,

Hi Geoffrey,

Ultrarunning starts from marathon, i.e., 50km, 6hours, 100km, 24hours...

This means lots of kilometers in training, and GH-615 has so far the most accurate and reliable distance measurement I have seen (I have tried some other GPS devices, GPS mobile phones with several software, footpod based devices...)

The power pack, shown in the picture, will be used in real life during the running, too.

Br, ultrapetita

Hi ultrpetita

Sounds cool... Is ultraing a pupular activity? What kind are you good at?
How to get a training on this?

We also are working on power pack, and now it is under testing, what price without battery is resonable?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

ultrapetita

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 02:55:47 am »

We also are working on power pack, and now it is under testing, what price without battery is resonable?

Ultrarunning is gaining more popularity all the time. It is especially popular in Taiwan:-), please see the link http://www.iau.org.tw/

The training itself is very simple: just run and keep on running ;)

The battery pack can be attached to arm by velcro strap (or if the cable is not disturbing your running, it can be put to your bottle belt or something like that)

The correct price of the battery pack depends on the features, i.e. if it has DC/DC converter to squeeze out the last drops of energy from the batteries or if it has a Li-Ion rechargeable battery included... I would say, <10$ if there are no features up to 30$ with all the possible features (Li-ion battery, Solar cell charging etc.)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 09:22:31 am »

Ultrarunning is gaining more popularity all the time. It is especially popular in Taiwan:-), please see the link http://www.iau.org.tw/

The training itself is very simple: just run and keep on running ;)

The battery pack can be attached to arm by velcro strap (or if the cable is not disturbing your running, it can be put to your bottle belt or something like that)

The correct price of the battery pack depends on the features, i.e. if it has DC/DC converter to squeeze out the last drops of energy from the batteries or if it has a Li-Ion rechargeable battery included... I would say, <10$ if there are no features up to 30$ with all the possible features (Li-ion battery, Solar cell charging etc.)

Hello, ultrapetita

Thanks for your self-training guide, I will take it to training by myself.  ;)
We are keep testing the charing pack, next month will be mass production. If you need one to test, let me know.
Yes, it is also popular in Taiwan, you konw, our president also like this.  ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

ultrapetita

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 02:52:01 am »

We are keep testing the charing pack, next month will be mass production. If you need one to test, let me know.
Yes, it is also popular in Taiwan, you konw, our president also like this.  ;)

Thanks for offer! It would be an honour to test your charging pack!!

Fredrik

• Regular Members
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 04:50:36 pm »

I like to join your team of testers. I've used my GH-615 with the 625 update for a year now. I am very fond of sportactivities and exercise atleast 3 times a week. I have experience of running, biking and cross country skiing. Now the watch is my best partner when I am preparing myself for the Stockholm Marathon the 30th of May.

For me the watch has worked quite good, except for the poor battery capacity when its cold. For me the battery only lasted for 1,5 -2 hours last Winter. Another thing that hasnīt worked for me is the heartrate monitoring. The watch can show 200 and up to 220.

I work as a Computer Technican.

Best Regards
Fredrik

darder

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 03:26:43 am »

my name is alessandro and write from italy
i play and work in different sport.
i play with racebike, mtb
i play with snowboard
i'm instructor in fitness world of spinning
and i like sail with my sailboat and race.

if you want me for testers i think good idea beacause i try the globalsat 625 in different sport and i can write you about this prodoct very well.

bye from rome in italy

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 10:49:40 am »

I like to join your team of testers. I've used my GH-615 with the 625 update for a year now. I am very fond of sportactivities and exercise atleast 3 times a week. I have experience of running, biking and cross country skiing. Now the watch is my best partner when I am preparing myself for the Stockholm Marathon the 30th of May.

For me the watch has worked quite good, except for the poor battery capacity when its cold. For me the battery only lasted for 1,5 -2 hours last Winter. Another thing that hasnīt worked for me is the heartrate monitoring. The watch can show 200 and up to 220.

I work as a Computer Technican.

Best Regards
Fredrik

Hello Fredrik

Welcome to join our group! We are going to preparing the new samples of new watch now, however there is only few samples,
so our service team will elect lucky testers from members base on contribution. We will also demand more samples from design team to share more members.

It recommend rinsing after each training to avoid residual leaving to cause belt work not stable. Besides, we have implemented beta 2 firmware to smooth peak noise, please advise if any request.

Sincerely,

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 10:56:38 am »

my name is alessandro and write from italy
i play and work in different sport.
i play with racebike, mtb
i play with snowboard
i'm instructor in fitness world of spinning
and i like sail with my sailboat and race.

if you want me for testers i think good idea beacause i try the globalsat 625 in different sport and i can write you about this prodoct very well.

bye from rome in italy

Hello Alessandro

Thanks for your using on our product.
It is highly appreciated if you can write our product very well.
I am also pleased if you are willing share more spinning information and idea of fitness for us.
Of course, it is possible to be lucky member or even be promoted as premium member who can get free samples and new information if you would contribute lots for us.

Sincerely,

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 07:49:18 am »

Hi
I'm also a eager to test new fw/products, and try to make them work, and if there are problems I'm usually very interested in figurating out the reason why, thats probably why I work as a Computer engineer...

I run Linux and SportTrack, can't run your SW in Linux am afraid. I have access to a few Window Box:s in the house also.
I be happy to see how your stuff behaves under Linux, and ways to get them to work as much as possible. (I was the one that manage to get SportTrack to run on Linux under Mono and then got it to interface with my gh615M)

Training:
I'm running about 3 times per week, different distances and I'm currently training for my first ultra and the battery time is something that concerns me. Ill probably stick to 6h-24h races to start with. Ill have to do some test with lowering the GPS sampeling freq to see how long batterylife I get.

I have used my gh615M since for about 14 Month now, now with the gh626 FW (Im interesting in beta testing the new FW that removes spikes as I also is one of the people that have long periods of to high HRM. Ill will also try the cleaning described in the other thread).

Actually I started to run more seriously after 2 important events in my life. Buying my gh615M and started to follow a local joggin site (www.jogg.se). So I owe you for all the fun I'm having.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 10:51:51 am »

Hi
I'm also a eager to test new fw/products, and try to make them work, and if there are problems I'm usually very interested in figurating out the reason why, thats probably why I work as a Computer engineer...

I run Linux and SportTrack, can't run your SW in Linux am afraid. I have access to a few Window Box:s in the house also.
I be happy to see how your stuff behaves under Linux, and ways to get them to work as much as possible. (I was the one that manage to get SportTrack to run on Linux under Mono and then got it to interface with my gh615M)

Training:
I'm running about 3 times per week, different distances and I'm currently training for my first ultra and the battery time is something that concerns me. Ill probably stick to 6h-24h races to start with. Ill have to do some test with lowering the GPS sampeling freq to see how long batterylife I get.

I have used my gh615M since for about 14 Month now, now with the gh626 FW (Im interesting in beta testing the new FW that removes spikes as I also is one of the people that have long periods of to high HRM. Ill will also try the cleaning described in the other thread).

Actually I started to run more seriously after 2 important events in my life. Buying my gh615M and started to follow a local joggin site (www.jogg.se). So I owe you for all the fun I'm having.

Dear Zingo

It is glad to see you come back our fourm. Could you show me how to make SportsTrack work on Linux? Due to our developer don't have much Linux development experience. It would be appreciated that you can share more information for us.

If you want to test the new firmware, please send to geoffrey.ting@globalsat.com.tw to me. I will send you soon.
I am wondering what is your plan to do lower sampling GPS. frequency. Actually we are working on backup power and extra life time GPS (upper than 18hr). The performance is under testing.

We are happy to share your fun and wish you can get better score on your taining and race.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 02:44:16 pm »

Hi
Could you show me how to make SportsTrack work on Linux? Due to our developer don't have much Linux development experience. It would be appreciated that you can share more information for us.

Here are my instructions

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=4109
If you read abit down in the thread "Admin" the coder of SportTrack and installed Linux and worked out most of the smal quirks that where left. Please contact him (PM in the forum) to get his latest beta, it's realy worth it, google maps and saving setting works in that one. If here are any OSX people, he need help testing it on OSX.

Globalsat gh6(1/2)5 works with the globalsat plugin here

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=74
(create a plugin folder under sporttracks unzip it and copy it into that folder)

Garmin don't work from Linux Sporttrack currently so you are ahead currently :)

I am wondering what is your plan to do lower sampling GPS. frequency.

My idea was too test if I can get a longer battery-run by
1. turning of HRM
2. changing  "Data recording" from "Every second" to a custom time like every 5 or 10 sec

Actually we are working on backup power and extra life time GPS (upper than 18hr). The performance is under testing.

I saw that earlier in the thread and that makes me happy Im interesting exactly what you mean lie is it a extra battery pack or a new watch matching Forerunner 310xt, but Ill probably have to wait and see until you are ready to annonce it, but it gives me hopes!

dschordsch

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 05:01:56 am »

Hi,

would be interseted to test it too.
Thanks,
Andreas

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 09:30:44 pm »

Dear customers,

I am sorry that the samples will be delay to late July, because almost be done but some bugs still need to resolved.

We will announce on the fourm once available, please kindly wait.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 19 queries.