USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: HR monitor problem  (Read 55751 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: HR monitor problem
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 11:29:00 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

I have the feeling, that all the efforts spent in filter and smoothing algorithmens for HRM are useless !
I agree 100% to what snow_freak said in another thread:

Are you really shure to solve the heartrate problems by a software hack?  ...
In my experience such problems can only be solved by an improved hardware design.
Hopefully it will suffice to take another belt. If the problems are caused by the receiver in the watch,
I fear there is no chance for an improvement. I can't imagine of a filter function which can separate
between a real rise of the heartrate and and a rise caused by a bad signal.
Dont't get me wrong: I really hope you are able to find a software solution very soon.
A exact display of my heartrate is very important in my preparation for the next competitions.
At the moment the situation is sad. So I need a solution urgently.

I'm an engineer, working in software development for highly reliable industrial automation systems
and I can tell you: If the hardware isn't able to provide correct values, the software will not be able
to "guess" correct results !

Like snow_freak said, for me it is also important to have a correct heart rate measurement for my
training and I don't want to have a manipulated, smooth looking HR curve. This is not the goal !
I want to see my heart rate values ! And when the pulse rises suddenly, I want to see that !
I don't want it to be filtered (or smoothened).

As a summary, I suggest to remove filtering/smoothing of HRM    or
to use it veeeery carefully (filtering of one or two value's outside a wide range around "normal" might be okay) or
allow filtering /smoothing to be enabled/disabled by user   or

if you are sure, that the problems are caused by the belt, provide a new belt for forum members,
having problems with HRM. (of course, in this case disabling of filtering/smoothing is also required !).

With some additional, minor modifications or optimizations, I would be almost satisfied with the other functions
 (especially GPS/navigation), but HRM is a fundamental function for me and if it doesn't work, it will make the
complete watch useless.

Still hoping for a solution...

Regards, Hubert

Hello Hubert,

Thanks for your information! It is glad that you are satisify on our all functions expcept HR.
If you are interested on our new belt, please send request to me directly.

For beta3.1, we just follow to skip unresonable value of HR and filtering peak noise to smooth data every 16 points because noise is terrible. We have made comparsion with firmware which whithout any smooth and filtering (becasue some noise comes from environment or another runner's belt, the smooth and filtering are needed.

Looking foward to hearing your suggestions.  :)

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2009, 01:57:26 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

yesterday I did my first test for HRM with Beta 3.1.
The result in one sentence: HRM isn't working !  >:(

In more detail:
After loading the firmware and setting up my user displays again (one of them I configured for HRM values),
the current HRM value showed 200 bpm. At that time the belt lay 3 meters away...

When I prepared for training, I put the (wet) belt on and then switched the watch on, but didn't start
the timer. The HRM values started at a high value about 197 and then very slowly went down to a reasonable
value around 75. So I thought belt contact is okay and I took a short drive in my car to my training track.

I started the training (and the watch) and had to face a more or less constant value of 197-200 bpm for the
first 10 minutes. These values are far away from my max. HR (about 170) and especially in a starting phase of
a training for sure not correct.

To test the HRM functionality, my yesterday training consisted of alternating 1km intervals (1km slow /
1km fast, Total of 11 km). The expected HRM values should correlate to the different speeds, but in fact
it did very seldom. There were a lot of high values even for the slower parts of the training. Sometimes
(more at the end of the training) the correct values could be seen. But as a summary, more than 50% of
the values were wrong.

And I still have the feeling, that filtering/smoothing the values by software makes things worse !
Compared to earlier firmware versions, the abnormal high values for HRM are still there, but now it
takes longer (because of smoothing) to get rid of them. And if you are unlucky, there will be news
peaks for HRM, before the normal values has been reached...

Final test result: Not useable ! (Sorry)

P.S.: I already send an email to you regarding a new belt. Please let me know, if you received it.

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

mastersurferde

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2009, 02:15:45 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

now I did 4 runs with Beta 3.1. What should I say: This is the first time the HRM is working correctly. After each run I put the belt into a bucket with water and a littel bit of soap. I keep it in the water until the next run.
In my opinion the shown frequency is almost the same as I tryed with an uncoded T31 belt.
Now I am very happy with the GH615  :)

You did a good job with the improvements.
Stefan from Germany

cz.Garry

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2009, 12:14:22 pm »

Cuz problem isn't seemed to be solved in several next mounth (even i don't recieve answer at least), gonna return this sh1t back to shop. I wanted tool not toy. Forerunner or some similar sportterster will work.

Globalsat good luck with tools like this.

$50 watch can monitor HR!!!! (I payed $300 in my country)

BR

upset Garry

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2009, 04:09:39 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

yesterday I did another test for HRM with Beta 3.1.
This time a had a constantly slow run on a total flat track in pure nature (no external disturbance - no other people).
I tried to keep the speed constant for all the time, so I expected a more or less constant heart rate of about 140-145.

The result was that:

I added a flat green line to show the expected values.
As you can see, the values are sometimes okay. But most of them are wrong.

Did you receive my email redarding a new belt ?

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2009, 04:30:22 am »

Cuz problem isn't seemed to be solved in several next mounth (even i don't recieve answer at least), gonna return this sh1t back to shop. I wanted tool not toy. Forerunner or some similar sportterster will work.

Globalsat good luck with tools like this.

$50 watch can monitor HR!!!! (I payed $300 in my country)

BR

upset Garry

Dear Garry

Sorry for my late response for you.
It seems the firmware you used is our formal version, you may try the beta firmware; please let me know if
the problem still exist.

Please send request to me directly then I will forward to you soon.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

zagor

• Regular Members
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2009, 12:31:27 pm »

Also I have problems with HRM Because he introduces inexact values always 190 - 200 bpm.
If the problem is the strap what must make for a possession a new?

Thanks

gianelv@libero.it
GH-625M - Firmware: f-ggh-2a-0905191 (Beta-3.1)
GS-Sport Gym Version 2.0

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2009, 12:38:21 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

yesterday I did another test for HRM with Beta 3.1.
This time a had a constantly slow run on a total flat track in pure nature (no external disturbance - no other people).
I tried to keep the speed constant for all the time, so I expected a more or less constant heart rate of about 140-145.

The result was that:

I added a flat green line to show the expected values.
As you can see, the values are sometimes okay. But most of them are wrong.

Did you receive my email redarding a new belt ?

Regards, Hubert

Dear Hubert,

The result seems the problem comes from belt.
I am sorry that I didn't receive your mail.
Please send mail to geoffrey.ting@globalsat.com.tw again.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2009, 12:47:02 pm »

Also I have problems with HRM Because he introduces inexact values always 190 - 200 bpm.

Thanks

gianelv@libero.it

Dear Zagor,

Thanks for using our product. Please try to clean belt or change the battery first. If still get high values, please send me the log file for check.

Once the belt problem is confirmed and in warranty, you can send the request to me. I will arrange to you.

Thanks a lot,

Geoffrey  ;)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2009, 12:50:29 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

now I did 4 runs with Beta 3.1. What should I say: This is the first time the HRM is working correctly. After each run I put the belt into a bucket with water and a littel bit of soap. I keep it in the water until the next run.
In my opinion the shown frequency is almost the same as I tryed with an uncoded T31 belt.
Now I am very happy with the GH615  :)

You did a good job with the improvements.
Stefan from Germany

Dear Stefan,

It is glad to hear the positive from you.
Customers always drives us progressing and we are willing to lisiton customer and provide the services for them.
Any request, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :D

zagor

• Regular Members
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2009, 12:04:51 pm »

Thanks

gianelv@libero.it

Dear Zagor,

Thanks for using our product. Please try to clean belt or change the battery first. If still get high values, please send me the log file for check.

Once the belt problem is confirmed and in warranty, you can send the request to me. I will arrange to you.

Thanks a lot,

Geoffrey  ;)

I have changed the battery and cleaned up the strap and values HRM they are always 160 - 200 bpm, without to move to me seated on the chair.

Thanks

gianelv@libero.it
GH-625M - Firmware: f-ggh-2a-0905191 (Beta-3.1)
GS-Sport Gym Version 2.0

LaMoe

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2009, 03:42:00 pm »

Hi @all,

i only want to mention, that i have also trouble with my GH-615 (pimped to GH-625 - Firmware: F-GGH-2A-0811041)
Since some weeks the HR also does not work right. First I thought the battery could be week - i changed the battery and it didn't work. Even now the belt is far away and i am sitting on my desk - my heartrate shows >200...

I allready asked for Beta 3.1 (5 minutes ago) - has anyone other clues for me?

LaMoe

cz.Garry

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2009, 06:08:07 am »

TWG_TECH4: Hi, thank you for answer. I read almost whole forum and you are doing good job trying satisfied every user. But problem is I train every day and need working device. I bought Edge 705 (wanted suunto but i don't like their selling marketing. You have to buy, this pod, this pod etc.) Garmin tested 2 days now, about 120 kms and it works perfectly. Everything. I don't have to read forum, trying several roms etc. Just mounted on bike and take ride. This is solution for me. Anyway I wish you make progres with HR and no other problems.

BR

Garry

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2009, 11:03:59 am »

Thanks

gianelv@libero.it

Dear Zagor,

Thanks a lot,

Geoffrey  ;)

I have changed the battery and cleaned up the strap and values HRM they are always 160 - 200 bpm, without to move to me seated on the chair.

Thanks

gianelv@libero.it

Dear customer,

Could you help to check:
- Without belt in outside without any interference?
- Wear belt and stand to check the HR?
- Do a short run to check HR with belt?

I would like to investigate the problem comes from what part.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2009, 11:07:32 am »

TWG_TECH4: Hi, thank you for answer. I read almost whole forum and you are doing good job trying satisfied every user. But problem is I train every day and need working device. I bought Edge 705 (wanted suunto but i don't like their selling marketing. You have to buy, this pod, this pod etc.) Garmin tested 2 days now, about 120 kms and it works perfectly. Everything. I don't have to read forum, trying several roms etc. Just mounted on bike and take ride. This is solution for me. Anyway I wish you make progres with HR and no other problems.

BR

Garry

Dear Garry

It is my pleasure to service customers.
Have you evaluated the beta firmware? It should improve a lot except HR belt damage;

Let me know if you have any questiosns.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 19 queries.