USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: HR monitor problem  (Read 56824 times)

johan_ande

• Regular Members
HR monitor problem
« on: April 02, 2009, 06:08:21 am »

Hello,

Seems to me that a lot of people are having trouble with their HR monitors. The HR seems to be high. What frequency are the monitor transmitting in? Since it's not possible to buy these as a spare in Sweden. Could it be possible to try another brand using the same frequency?

Have you been able to reproduce these faults in your lab?

Kind regards
Johan

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: HR monitor problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 11:09:22 am »

Hi, Johan

You can try to buy the belt which the band is 5KHz +/- 10%, we found fabric material is much better.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

ultrapetita

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:03:08 am »

You can try to buy the belt which the band is 5KHz +/- 10%, we found fabric material is much better.

Now that my HR belt has gone totally crazy (yesterday, under 3hours run it showed most of the time >200bpm and maybe only 10mins the real HR ~140bpm) I definitely need to find a replacement belt.

As it may be impossible to find an official G-Sat replacement belt here, have you tested any other brand HR belts so that you could recommend one?

(I have tried my old Polar uncoded and coded belts without success)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 11:12:33 am »

Now that my HR belt has gone totally crazy (yesterday, under 3hours run it showed most of the time >200bpm and maybe only 10mins the real HR ~140bpm) I definitely need to find a replacement belt.

As it may be impossible to find an official G-Sat replacement belt here, have you tested any other brand HR belts so that you could recommend one?

(I have tried my old Polar uncoded and coded belts without success)

Hi ultrapetita

Could you send me your log file? I would like to investigate on this...
You can order Echowell chest belt but I don't any stores in your area, it should be compatible with ours.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

ultrapetita

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 12:48:59 pm »

Could you send me your log file? I would like to investigate on this...
You can order Echowell chest belt but I don't any stores in your area, it should be compatible with ours.

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for the prompt answer!

I have sent a report to you by email.

Br, ultrapetita

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 03:04:03 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

I tryed my hr belt today while I was sitting in front of my computer and then I noticed something. First I had this very high readings (>200) but after awhile it went down to show the correct hr (~70) for quite sometime. When I lifted the belt just a little bit and then put it back I got high readings (~110-170). Without moving the belt again it went down to correct readings again after a while. Now it changes up and down again. Unfortunately I don't have a gps fix from where I am. But I recorded some readings anyway if it is of interest. These readings is around 140bpm.

I know that contact could be a problem. But that shouldn't be a problem while training when the belt is soaked by sweat.

Regards
Johan

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 09:31:54 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I tryed my hr belt today while I was sitting in front of my computer and then I noticed something. First I had this very high readings (>200) but after awhile it went down to show the correct hr (~70) for quite sometime. When I lifted the belt just a little bit and then put it back I got high readings (~110-170). Without moving the belt again it went down to correct readings again after a while. Now it changes up and down again. Unfortunately I don't have a gps fix from where I am. But I recorded some readings anyway if it is of interest. These readings is around 140bpm.

I know that contact could be a problem. But that shouldn't be a problem while training when the belt is soaked by sweat.

Regards
Johan

Hi Johan

Thanks for your information.
Could you let me know how long for the high reading?
Would the hear rate become high soon directly or after a while when you wear belt?
If I could get log file, that will be better. Now we are working a new firmware to filter the noise, and the test shows good so far. I need more data to double check before released.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 04:15:21 am »

Hi,

It became high the same moment I put it on. I don't remember the exact figures. But when I put the belt on you can see the HR raise quickly. But still in steps. It doesn't jump from 100 -> 220, there are some readings on the way up.

I also removed the belt to check for environmental noise. I got some in the end of the logfile.

I sent you the logfile. Did you get it?

Kind regards
Johan

ultrapetita

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 08:36:50 am »

Hi Folks,

I think I have solved the issue with GH-615M HRM belt:

My belt has been totally unusable for two weeks as it has shown not only high spikes but almost all the time >200bpm HR.

I managed to "listen" to the HR belt transmitter by using a radio receiver very close to the belt (radio receiver IF or audio circuit was able to capture the 5kHz signal).

I could hear in the beginning the HR to be constant. Then, I made very minimal movements + pushed the belt just a couple of millimeters by hand. Immediately, when moving, the belt started to transmit spikes. Again, at the end the HR was constant as I didn't move.

The same happens when I kept the belt in my fingertips close to the radio and moved my hands or bent the belt just a few mms.

conclusion->the transmitter belt is broken (maybe some electrical/mechanical contact is broken) and this causes the belt to transmit disturbing signals.

...or this was my first thought...

then, I paid attention to the belt and guessed that the rubber parts must be connected to the center part by some kind of electromechanical joints - based on the experience with polar HRM belts, I thought that the joints, as they are buried inside of the structure, can capture all the dirt, sweat and soap, if used.

->I went to bathroom and rinsed the joints very long with warm water and then put the whole thing under water for some minutes.

->today it was the first time for loooong time when GH-615 showed real HR. (only 2-3 spikes, but they disappeared immediately when I pulled the belt away from chest for a second or two. (I think my belt needs still some water rinsing in order to work perfectly)

I hope this helps some of you...

BR, ultrapetita

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 01:15:17 pm »

Hi Ultrapetita,

You beat me. I was thinking about bringing my HR belt to work and listen to it with a spectrum analyser but never got the time to it. Never thought of using a plain radio thou. :)

I've tried to wash my belt before, but now I will try again and see what's happening.

Kind regards
Johan

snow_freak

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 01:16:35 pm »

I also had problems with high peaks in heart rate values.
Today before running I changed the battery of the belt. After running a values were good, no peaks.
What I'm wondering is that the old battery had a voltage of 3.02V which should be still enough to work. My experience with other belts is that they are still working correctly down to battery voltages such as of 2.8V.

Regards

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 03:36:34 pm »

Hello together,

Iīve also problems with the heartrate shown on the GH-615 (with Beta Firmware for 625). Iīm using the Polar-belt T 61 coded ant my Polar S810 and the GH-615 at the same time.
The HR shown on Polar is always okay bit on the GH-615 itīs drifting up to 30 beats higher than the polar. So this couldnīt be a problem with the belt like ultrapetita explained.
In an other posting one user told that it helps ma make the belt wet also outside because of the electrostatic charging.
Today I was running only with one shirt over the belt and the HR on the Polar and the Globalsat were the same. Maybe the reason of the problem is electrostatic charging when two shirts are grinding each other.
Please look, if you can verify this.

Regards longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:48 am »

Hi Longjog and everyone else,

I've rinsed my belt thoroughly yesterday and now it seems to work better. Since some of the readings before was high but not all of them peaks (in fact the belt was getting worse over time). I think you should try to rinse the belt thoroughly.

I had my clock on while rising the belt. For a long time while rinsing the belt the clock showed >220 bpm without me even wearing the belt. After a while the clock lost connection with the belt while I was drying it (hand towel). But I still got some peaks sometimes when I touched the belt. So I went back to the sink again and rinsed some more. After a while the clock lost contact with the belt for good (At least until I tried the belt on). For now it looks like the belt works fine. Good and stable hr without any peaks. I will try the belt tonight while I'm training.

For now I'm happy. Thank Ultrapetita for the tip. I wasn't obstinate enough before. :)

Kind regards
Johan

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 02:59:14 am »

I've used the the belt 2 times now. Latest bike tour for 3.5h and NO spikes. :)

Regards
Johan

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 08:12:53 am »

Hi,

It became high the same moment I put it on. I don't remember the exact figures. But when I put the belt on you can see the HR raise quickly. But still in steps. It doesn't jump from 100 -> 220, there are some readings on the way up.

I also removed the belt to check for environmental noise. I got some in the end of the logfile.

I sent you the logfile. Did you get it?

Kind regards
Johan

Hello Johan

Sorry for my late response since I was occupied by meeting and business trip last week, even next week also .
Our engineer team are going to investigate on this, should be have comments later.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:17:05 am by TWG_TECH4 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 20 queries.