USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: HR monitor problem  (Read 54143 times)

skeptisch

• Regular Members
Re: HR monitor problem
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 03:30:58 pm »

Hi snow_freak,

i use an old belt for Ciclo CM 4.2 / HAC 4 HAC 3 etc. without any problems with the watch so far... did not even unpack the original belt from Globalsat.

regards

Skeptisch

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 10:40:55 pm »

Dear customer,

Thanks for you all provide so many useful suggestions, it is the soure which drives us progess.
We found the disadvantage of 5KHz belt is the limition on contact or senstivite to vibration or contaminant.

We try to work hard to find out solution, now we found a rule to overcome the annoy problem.
The ideas is:
- To use HR zone4 to restrict the peak noise at start
- compare the each HR according to rising rate every minutes to filter duration noise
- Smoothness of curve

Of coures, we will consider to work on Software like smooth function as Garmin.

Also, the belowing link is the bench mark test result:
http://photo.pchome.com.tw/dsjbabykimo/124167055417 --> test by ECG @ 80bpm with unstable belt
http://photo.pchome.com.tw/dsjbabykimo/124168496497 --> field test

Please let me know if you have any ideas.  :)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:02:31 am by TWG_TECH4 »

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 07:28:25 am »

Hi,

My reflections and experience from my belt.

When I had the most problems with the belt it was high (>200) all the time. This was probably due to contamination of the belt. When the belt was clean I had a reliable signal all the time (i.e no spikes). When the belt is this bad I guess it is hard to filter the signal.

Now my belt has died completely so I'm looking for a replacement. Which unfortunately cannot be bought in Sweden.

Regards
Johan 

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 09:37:01 am »

Hi,

My reflections and experience from my belt.

When I had the most problems with the belt it was high (>200) all the time. This was probably due to contamination of the belt. When the belt was clean I had a reliable signal all the time (i.e no spikes). When the belt is this bad I guess it is hard to filter the signal.

Now my belt has died completely so I'm looking for a replacement. Which unfortunately cannot be bought in Sweden.

Regards
Johan

Dear Johan

You can order Echowell heart belt, it is compatible to our watch, but I don't know is it sold in Sweden.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

ultrapetita

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 10:05:08 am »

Regards
Johan

Dear Johan

You can order Echowell heart belt, it is compatible to our watch, but I don't know is it sold in Sweden.

You can find one internet shop located in UK where they sell replacement belts. Please use google in order to find it (I do not know if it is allowed to give the direct reference here). The price wasn't too bad including shipment to Western Europe.

snow_freak

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 03:03:37 pm »

Hello Skeptisch,
I have tried a HAC4 belt and it doesn't work. The watch is showing values between 45 and 200 BPM when I'm sitting. Additionally I tried an old Sigma Belt and it doesn't work, too.

@ Geoffrey:
Are there any other replacement belts known to work?
Is it sure that the problems are caused by the belt only? I can imagine, its more realistic that the receiver in the watch is the cause.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 08:07:08 pm »

Hello Skeptisch,
I have tried a HAC4 belt and it doesn't work. The watch is showing values between 45 and 200 BPM when I'm sitting. Additionally I tried an old Sigma Belt and it doesn't work, too.

@ Geoffrey:
Are there any other replacement belts known to work?
Is it sure that the problems are caused by the belt only? I can imagine, its more realistic that the receiver in the watch is the cause.

Dear Snow_Freak

Thanks for your information.
For GH-615, the senstivity is 120cm and easier to catch environment noise compares to normal 100cm watch. That's mean why we want to implement filter into firmware like polar add coded into belt.
Our frequency of belt is 5K+/- 5%, is the same as traditional polar belt, but now polar moved to 5.5KHz.
You can try if you have one T31 belt or older, sorry I don't have one.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

snow_freak

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 02:19:40 am »

Hello,
has anyone tried a Polar T31? Is it sure to work without peaks? Unfortunatly I don't have this belt, so I can't test it. Before buying one, I want to know if it works without problems.

Kind regards

ultrapetita

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 12:19:59 pm »

Hello,
has anyone tried a Polar T31? Is it sure to work without peaks? Unfortunatly I don't have this belt, so I can't test it. Before buying one, I want to know if it works without problems.

Kind regards

I have tried. No match. However, the counterpart (I guess Polar A3) can 'hear' GSat(Echowell) belt.

johan_ande

• Regular Members
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 12:30:55 am »

Hello,

Kind regards

Hi,

I've also tried without success.

Regards
Johan

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 09:37:48 am »

Dear customers,

We have implemented beta3 firmware which included
- To use HR zone4 to restrict the peak noise at start
- compare the each HR according to rising rate every minutes to filter duration noise
- Smoothness of curve

Now we are evaluating the peformance and is much stable even we used unstable belt or tried to give noise while in training.

We are going to fix UTM and calories huge of last Lap issue now. Will be ready in these days for you all experiencing, please kindly wait.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 09:55:04 am »

Nice will be fun to test.
The last beta 20090408?(from memory) did work quite well but I one got the "high" in the beginning reading but on that run I didn't do the cleaning so it's hard to blame the FW, but If you think you have fixed it in this beta Ill stop clean the belt and well see if we manage to get high-long HR peeks in the start. Now that you mention it I think most (all?) of my HR-peeks have been from the start of the run.

I'd love to see your testing.

1. First some coder fix a bug, then upload the FW to a watch
2. Give the watch to the "TestPerson"
3. "TestPerson" have to run/bicycle for 6h since ultrapetita reported some bug on lap-number 345435.
4. "TestPerson" gets back at the coders desk where the coder says, I found a new bug while you did the testing now I need this version tested instead.
5. "TestPerson" hitting the coder in the head with someting hard...

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 10:44:59 am »

Nice will be fun to test.
The last beta 20090408?(from memory) did work quite well but I one got the "high" in the beginning reading but on that run I didn't do the cleaning so it's hard to blame the FW, but If you think you have fixed it in this beta Ill stop clean the belt and well see if we manage to get high-long HR peeks in the start. Now that you mention it I think most (all?) of my HR-peeks have been from the start of the run.

I'd love to see your testing.

1. First some coder fix a bug, then upload the FW to a watch
2. Give the watch to the "TestPerson"
3. "TestPerson" have to run/bicycle for 6h since ultrapetita reported some bug on lap-number 345435.
4. "TestPerson" gets back at the coders desk where the coder says, I found a new bug while you did the testing now I need this version tested instead.
5. "TestPerson" hitting the coder in the head with someting hard...

Dear Zingo

Yes, it is a standard testing procedure. No problem at all.
1. Our "TestPerson" will do test several days to check the modified items.
2. Our "TestPerson" will check any side effect be found.
3. Our "TestPerson" will discuss what problems he found with coder.
4. PM will double confirm and approve it then release to customer.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 12:15:54 pm »

I mean that I feel sorry for your "TestPerson"  having to run all day, wait run all day for a living don't sound that bad!

My own experince of SW  development is that you usually do a few roundtrips before fixing a bug e.g. fixing bug, testing, fixing bug some more, test again, fixing the bug again since you forgot some strange sidecondition.... 

Forcing your "TestPerson" do a 6 hours run every test would not make him happy ;)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 10:58:10 pm »

I mean that I feel sorry for your "TestPerson"  having to run all day, wait run all day for a living don't sound that bad!

My own experince of SW  development is that you usually do a few roundtrips before fixing a bug e.g. fixing bug, testing, fixing bug some more, test again, fixing the bug again since you forgot some strange sidecondition.... 

Forcing your "TestPerson" do a 6 hours run every test would not make him happy ;)

Hello

Our "TestPerson" has a strong body, he made advertisement and representative of our product as well. You can know him on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifjUtYsE-MA
If you would like, welcome to provide viedo or photo with our product for me, we often participate the worldwide exhibition and make promotion, maybe next time you will be the best major actor!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 19 queries.