USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: HR monitor problem  (Read 56148 times)

albert

• this product gives value for money
Re: HR monitor problem
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2009, 08:22:00 pm »

Hi all,

I have an idea of making the HR monitor more reliable.
As I understood it records the hart rate only if there is GPS fix.

My idea is to loosen the GPS tie from the HR monitor.
My suggestion is, make the HR monitor time based 
This means if you have the choice in a menu TIME base/ GPS base
The time base version makes a time line from your manual pressed start [OK]
The time line is leading and if available all others are recorded, if there is no GPS it still continues there is no auto stop en auto resume possible. But the advance of it is a good HR monitor, special if you want to use the watch on Cardio inside, because the winter is coming in!
The other option stays as it is.
One thing we can may be find out if GPS is giving problems, if we try time based.

Any idea, please reply!

Best regards,

Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

KlaasV

• Regular Members
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2009, 11:07:01 am »

@ Albert,

So i did everything you suggested. Cleaned my belt with a nailbrush and today, before i went for a run, i wettened en rinsed the beltcontacts. (Water and soap).
My run was 12 km's. The first part, 5 km's, running in heartrate zone 2 (in my case 130-144). Next a 4 km's part in HR-zone 3 (144-158) and finaly 3 km's in HR-zone 4 (158-171)
My Max HR is 185.

Well, look at my HR graph and you cannot do anything else than conclude that it is completely USELESS like this.

I have not seen one moment in my run a correct HR measurement at all.

I think i agree with Albert. It is probably the only way to find out if GPS fix interfears with HR measurement. But on the other hand, i like to run with a GPSwatch with HRM. I don't like testing bad equipement and not beeing able to see my HRM.
GH-625M
FirmWare F-GGH-2A-0910051

albert

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2009, 01:26:49 pm »

@ Albert,

So i did everything you suggested. Cleaned my belt with a nailbrush and today, before i went for a run, i wettened en rinsed the beltcontacts. (Water and soap).
My run was 12 km's. The first part, 5 km's, running in heartrate zone 2 (in my case 130-144). Next a 4 km's part in HR-zone 3 (144-158) and finaly 3 km's in HR-zone 4 (158-171)
My Max HR is 185.

Well, look at my HR graph and you cannot do anything else than conclude that it is completely USELESS like this.

I have not seen one moment in my run a correct HR measurement at all.

I think i agree with Albert. It is probably the only way to find out if GPS fix interfears with HR measurement. But on the other hand, i like to run with a GPSwatch with HRM. I don't like testing bad equipement and not beeing able to see my HRM.

Hello Klaas, I agree with You the hart readings are no good. I am using GH625M with a newer hart belt maybe. I give you my recording, so you can see the differences between yours and mine.
There is only one spark in the beginning the contact maybe not wet enough. The rest is OK. It looks like a new belt will help, if you want to try my belt, come and visit me. You are living in the Netherlands as well. I live in Leusden. My email albertlajansen@live.nl. Did you try the new FW X?

Best regards,

Albert 
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

KlaasV

• Regular Members
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2009, 01:45:48 am »

Hi Albert,

Your HR values look reliable to me. And i guess you're right about the belt. I also think mine is no good at all. I really have to try and arrange a new one.
Yesterday i participated on the Nike's Human Race in Leeuwarden (NL). Just to find out if my belt is ok or not, i have been wearing my Polar T-31 belt. Look at the results:

In the beginning there was a lot of disturbance. Maybe the GPS fix or many other runners with T-31 belts, i can't tell. But after 7 or 8 minutes, when i moved myself in a position just to run alone, you can see after that point the HR values become stabile and pretty reliable.

I'm almost sure the main problem is in the belt. I will look for a replacement somewhere.
GH-625M

Roger C

« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2009, 05:36:55 am »

Hi KlaasV !

I also have a new belt like Albert, think we have the same.

I've had it for 4 month now and no high peak or any other problem, for example,see this 2 h 23 min pulse graph:
And no rinsings needed, just wet it with water or spit before your training starts.

So go to the place where you bought the watch and require a new belt/watch, because i know how disturbing this problem is.

Or ask geoffrey to send you one...

A (finally) satisfied and happy user of GH-625 !  8)

Good luck

Roger C

nikos

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2009, 12:33:22 pm »

Hello,
does anyone know (be sure) which belt-transmitter (polar t31 coded, uncoded, wearlink...) is suitable for gh625m?
I think is the only way to solve the common problem with faulse heart readings.
By the way, Geoffrey, i am still waiting (about 2 months) your replay to my e-mail.
Thank you

KlaasV

• Regular Members
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2009, 08:09:28 am »

Hello,
does anyone know (be sure) which belt-transmitter (polar t31 coded, uncoded, wearlink...) is suitable for gh625m?

@ Nikos,

My first watch was a Polar FS3, with a T31 coded belt. When i use this belt in combination with the GH-625M it gives quite good results. So in my case that option works. But as i understand, this does not work in all other cases.

Sincerely KlaasV
GH-625M

KlaasV

• Regular Members
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2009, 11:49:17 am »

Hello everybody,

Since two weeks now, i own a new breastbelt. It is the newest type of belt, wich nowadays comes with the GH-625M. It is a very comfortable belt and i am very pleased with it.
Why?
Well, look at my testing results and there cannot be any other conclusion, then that the unreliable HR values were caused by the old, worthless belt.
Today, i did a 15 km run and the mission was to run in HR-zone 3 and slowely increase up to zone 4.

I must say, i'm extremely satisfied with the new belt. It feels like i own a perfect combination of GPS-watch and HR registration.
To me it is clear now, that all of the HR problems are in the old belt and NOT inside the watch.

Best regards KlaasV
GH-625M

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2009, 11:51:35 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I sent you by personal email a detailed report on my obsrevations an conclusions concerning HRM. On first of October you answered:

Dear Bushrunner,
I got the report, thanks.
Regards
Geoffrey Ting

No comment jet?

To me it is absolutely clear that the GlobalSat belt has some deficiency and should not be used. However the main problem arises from the watch (hardware or firmware). The HRM of the watch as it is now is entierly useless.

Bushrunner

Dear Bushrunner,

Sorry for my late reponse since I were out of office and almost occupied in the peroid so that has few time to access forum.
The report is really excellent and very detail, I have past to our engineering team to verify and try to improve the performance, even than in GH-50x. (2.4GANT)
Thanks agian for your big contribution.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2009, 12:01:23 pm »

Hi all,

The time line is leading and if available all others are recorded, if there is no GPS it still continues there is no auto stop en auto resume possible. But the advance of it is a good HR monitor, special if you want to use the watch on Cardio inside, because the winter is coming in!
One thing we can may be find out if GPS is giving problems, if we try time based.

Any idea, please reply!

Best regards,

Albert

Hello Albert,

What do you think about adding INDOOR selection in data record? To avoid changing protocol of PC Software a lot, the position will keep the same one point to record heart rate.

Have a nice weekend,

Geoffrey  :)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2009, 12:05:01 pm »

Hello,
I think is the only way to solve the common problem with faulse heart readings.
By the way, Geoffrey, i am still waiting (about 2 months) your replay to my e-mail.
Thank you

Hi Nikos,

Maybe I lost your question with carelessness. Please send me again.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2009, 12:07:41 pm »

Hello everybody,

Since two weeks now, i own a new breastbelt. It is the newest type of belt, wich nowadays comes with the GH-625M. It is a very comfortable belt and i am very pleased with it.
Why?
Well, look at my testing results and there cannot be any other conclusion, then that the unreliable HR values were caused by the old, worthless belt.
Today, i did a 15 km run and the mission was to run in HR-zone 3 and slowely increase up to zone 4.

I must say, i'm extremely satisfied with the new belt. It feels like i own a perfect combination of GPS-watch and HR registration.
To me it is clear now, that all of the HR problems are in the old belt and NOT inside the watch.

Best regards KlaasV

Dear Klass

I am happy to know your problem was taken away.
Hope you keep loving our product and introduct to your firends to purchase our products.
BTW, did you visis Albert?  :)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :)

albert

« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2009, 10:31:30 am »

[/quote]

Hello Albert,

What do you think about adding INDOOR selection in data record? To avoid changing protocol of PC Software a lot, the position will keep the same one point to record heart rate.

Have a nice weekend,

[/quote]
Good to see you back on the forum, I noticed that if there is little response, the people stop writing.
I think that is a good idea to call it INDOOR, so long the HR is usable indoors and to read out later in TG.

Aldo the weekend is nearly over, I wish you the same Geoffrey.

Best regards,

Albert
 :)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2009, 11:02:56 am »

Hello Albert,

Have a nice weekend,

[/quote]
Good to see you back on the forum, I noticed that if there is little response, the people stop writing.
I think that is a good idea to call it INDOOR, so long the HR is usable indoors and to read out later in TG.

Aldo the weekend is nearly over, I wish you the same Geoffrey.

Best regards,

Albert
 :)
[/quote]

Hello Albert,

Due to I was getting much busy and at last was sick.  :'(
But I still keep having lots of passion to cook the wonderful GPS training device and services providing.

GH-50x is almost finished eventually, and our team was almost occuplied to develop because it is with many key applications likes real watch (2weeks Life Time, Alarm), 2.4G for speed, cadance, HR, muti-sport, virtual trainer...
The samples will be arranged in the end of Nov as expected and I share my happy to you hereby.

Have a nice day,

Geoffrey :)

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2009, 09:11:38 am »

HI Geoffrey, Albert and others,

I would like to give a short comment to the HRM discussion in combination with poor GPS:

Hi all,

Any idea, please reply!

Best regards,

Albert

Hello Albert,

Have a nice weekend,

In general I think, the idea of a special INDOOR selection is a good and simple idea to avoid problems with non
existing GPS signals during a planned indoor training.

On the other hand this still doesn't solve the problems, when we are doing an outdoor training and GPS becomes
bad during the training.  When this leads to a situation, that timers are being reseted or other things, the INDOOR
function is not the solution !  Because I don't want to select the INDOOR function when I just think, there might
be a possibility of bad GPS signal during my training.

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 20 queries.