USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot switch device on.  (Read 2587 times)

benzino

Cannot switch device on.
« on: April 07, 2009, 05:07:19 am »

Hi there,
I have a bt-338 device. I've bough it 3 years ago (more less) so there is no warranty anymore. The device was not used for a long time (I think 6-8 months). I've plugged the charger to recharge the battery. Everything went OK (it was charging about 3 hours) but the device cannot be switched on. I've also bough brand new battery but it didn't change the situation. After that I've checked the old battery with the voltage measurer and the battery is OK. I've also tried to turn on the device without the battery with the charger cable plugged in but without the success. The only thing I can see is very fast blink of the battery led when I'm connecting the charger (with or without the battery inside).  The device wasn't used so it is not damaged. Is there any fix for that? Does anyone had the same problem?

rhsutwg

• Regular Members
Re: Cannot switch device on.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 04:01:43 am »

Hi!

Per your description, do not know why the BT-338 cann't be switched on; the guess is probably not pair w/ PDA correctly.  Please refer to the user manual @ http://www.globalsat.com.tw/mana_php/support/file/BT-338_User_Manual-English_Ver_1.08 & follow up operation steps to see if it works. Good luck.

benzino

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 04:14:40 am »

I cannot pair it with my device because I cannot switch it on :)

USG_TECH7

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 12:35:24 pm »

Hello Benzino,

From the problem description, a faulty power component is the contributor to this outcome in this case. Therefore, an on-site inspection or a new unit maybe to avenues to consider. If the former is of interest, visit http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-535-pre-paid-non-warranty-inspection-service-rma.aspx for on-site inspection for your non-warranty item.

Thanks.  ;)

TheAngel

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »

Hi,

What do you mean with faulty power component ? Which component is defect ?

Can we not exchange this part ourself ?

I'm located in Europe so don't know if a on-site inspection could be done ?

Thanks in advance

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 10:57:05 pm »

Just to confirm, are you having the same problem as this customer? Is your device not turning on at all? Even though it's fully charged? With a new battery? Or, with a known working, used battery?

As for the possible faulty component, we usually suggest to send us back the defective unit for further inspection. Once fully inspected,  we would know what is exactly wrong with it.

Unfortunately, you cannot repair the unit by yourself as stated earlier.

The on-site inspection that the other tech support is talking about is the Pre-Paid Non-Warranty Inspection Service RMA. In other words, you would purchase this if you would like to get your out-of-warranty unit repaired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 22 queries.