USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showing downloaded waypoints ;GS-Sport Training Gym  (Read 1895 times)

garten

Showing downloaded waypoints ;GS-Sport Training Gym
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:16:22 am »

Hi,

I have marked a waypoint in my GH-625
I then downloaded this waypoint to GS-Sport Training Gym software.

I now want to show this waypoint on googlemap/earth, but it get a message that I should select trackrecords(s) etc,

Is it possible to just show one waypoint downloaded from the GH-625 on the maps?

kind ragards
//garten

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Showing downloaded waypoints ;GS-Sport Training Gym
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 08:16:20 am »

Hi,

I have marked a waypoint in my GH-625
I then downloaded this waypoint to GS-Sport Training Gym software.

I now want to show this waypoint on googlemap/earth, but it get a message that I should select trackrecords(s) etc,

Is it possible to just show one waypoint downloaded from the GH-625 on the maps?

kind ragards
//garten

Dear Garten,

Thanks for your advise and use our product.
Right now Training Gym can't support display waypoint on GoogleMap, but we will consider to implement to next version.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Regards

Geoffrey  :)

Marius_CH

Working with waypoints and routes: GH-625/GS-Sport Training Gym
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 04:58:45 am »

Hi,

I'm more into all terrain biking than running, so working with routes and waypoints is an issue for me.

Handling waypoints with the GH-625 and GS-Sport Training Gym is rather unconfortable, so here are my suggestions:

#1 Import from/export to google *.kml
kml does not only support trackpoints/paths but also waypoints. Adding  import and export of waypoints from/to kml to training gym would be a great help when planning a ride.
possible "use case":
draw route as a path in google earth
- save to kml
- transform the path to waypoints using gpsbabel.exe
- import waypoints from kml into training gym and upload to GH-625
With these functions you could also edit recorded track data in google earth, transform it to waypoints and upload it to the watch!

#2 Improve editability of waypoints in training gym
It would be much easier to enter data for waypoints directly in tabular view without having to double click on each single point to access the data.
It would be really great if one could select parts of the wayponint table, copy it to clipboard, edit the data e.g. in Ecxel and copy it back to training gym. This would greatly facilitate organizing/renaming waypoints.

#3 Add different coordinate systems
I think somone has allready mentioned, that it would be great if the waypoints could be entered in UTM as well. In CH all good maps use swissgrid. Transforming swissgrid to UTM is easy, but no chance to transform swissgrid to the system used on the GH-625 when your somewhere in the Swiss alps ;-) That's a clear advantage of the Garmin device.

#4 Download/upload routes
With the current software you can't backup routes. Would be great if routes were downloaded from the device together with the waypoints. I'm not sure, but possibly kml-files could be used to backup routes (together with all waypoints) and edit them in google earth.

Cheers

Marius
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 20 queries.