USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing GPS data  (Read 1831 times)

jope

Missing GPS data
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:18:40 am »

I have a problem with GPS data missing. I have a 625 which I used for the second time yesterday. The first time everything went great and I got all data (time, GPS, HRM etc) into Sporttracks. But for my run yesterday GPS data is missing and the total time is wrong. I have tried to import it both to training gym and sporttracks and both reports a time of 3:27 (correct should be 39:59) and one coordinate in the sea outside of west Africa (I'm pretty sure I didn't run there). When I look at the activity in the watch I can see the correct distance, pace and time. But if I look at "view" in the watch it also only shows one point. During the run the watch seemed to show the correct pace and distance all the time.

Any idea of what could be wrong? Is the watch defect or was I doing something wrong?

Before I looked at the activity and imported it to the PC I deleted an old activity on the watch. Could that operation maybe have caused the coordinates to be removed from the new activity?

jope

Re: Missing GPS data
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:36:42 am »

After more testing it seems the import to Sporttracks doesn't work correctly when there are several stored activities on the watch. I guess this is a problem with the Sporttracks plug-in?

My testing also revealed that if I have two activities on the watch and delete the old one, the GPS data on the new one are deleted too. This is as I suspected in my first test, but now I mananged to reproduce the error.

I will try this with the new beta firmware as well and see if the problems persist.

johan_ande

• Regular Members
Re: Missing GPS data
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 03:14:37 pm »

Hi Jope,

I'm using the latest beta firmware (I've used others firmware as well). I'm using sporttracks and it's working flawlessly for me. No problems when importing data. I have sporttracks set to only import new data.

Kind regards
Johan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 18 queries.