USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BC-337 with the external antenna  (Read 2484 times)

vikniks

BC-337 with the external antenna
« on: May 06, 2009, 05:11:30 am »

??? I have difficulties to connect my CF BC-337 with the external TT  antenna (for TomTom devices) having the MMCX /male connector. Connectors MMCX male/female should connect easy. Is there some specific?

vikniks

Re: BC-337 with the external antenna
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 03:15:42 am »

Hi!
I understand the "key" of the problem. The main - connectors MMCX in reality are different, but device's producers  are to lazy to describe in specifications the correct name of used real subtype of the connectors. The result - two "external GPS antennas with connector MMCX" have equal specification but different usability with different GPS units.
That is important to know!

rhsutwg

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 12:39:59 am »

Hi! Thank you for precious suggestion & I will pass it to our related personnel.

Stjoha

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:17:54 am »

I think I'm having a similar problem. I've tried to interface my EM-408 with several external active GPS antennas through crimped MMCX->SMA and MMCX->FME dongle. As soon as I attach the antennas I loose all GPS coverage and the overall signal strength appears to be zero.

Could you please specify what you mean that the MMCX connectors on the receivers are not compatible with generic MMCX plugs bought in stores? I'm having a real hard time to troubleshoot this problem...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.