USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems installing Training Gym v 2.0 software  (Read 2352 times)

J2R

• Regular Members
Problems installing Training Gym v 2.0 software
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:29:49 am »

I cannot install the new Training Gym v 2.0 software on Vista Professional. The install always fails with the following message:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869"

When I OK this, I get two further blank dialog boxes with just an OK button (no message), then the installation rolls back and I get a message saying the installation was interrupted before it could be completed.

From doing a bit of googling, this message seems to be associated with permissions associated with CustomActions in MSI packages on Vista, but I've tried the recommended solutions, such as running 'msiexec /i GS-Sport Training Gym.msi' from a command line prompt as Admin, without success. The strange thing is that this is a failed reinstall - it originally installed OK but I needed to reinstall it.

What is the problem, please, and how can I get the software installed?

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Problems installing Training Gym v 2.0 software
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:10:58 am »

Dear J2R

Thanks for using our product.
code 2869 means Windows Vista denied the software installation due to your account level can't get authorization. Please try to login as administrator to try again, thanks.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

J2R

• Regular Members
Re: Problems installing Training Gym v 2.0 software
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 05:28:46 pm »

I did try logging in as administrator but the problem still occurred. As I understand it, there are two ways I could install the software with administrative privileges, both of which I have tried:

1. Right-click the setup.exe file and 'Run as administrator'
2. Open a command-line prompt as Administrator and type msiexec /i "GS-Sport Training Gym.msi"

Given that both these have failed, I don't understand how Administrator permissions can be the issue. I fear that the software has somehow been left in a state which makes it impossible to fully remove or to install afresh. Have you any other suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.