USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gadget find -off topic-  (Read 2169 times)

canadien

Gadget find -off topic-
« on: November 17, 2010, 06:22:49 pm »

For all of us who run in and out during winter, but don't rely on any pedometer device when running on an indoor athletic track, I just fell on some interesting and cheap usb stopwatch: junsd stopwatch
http://www.rhardiman.plus.com/stopwatch/junsd.html

The interest lies in the fact that if you miss a lap, it will be easy to trace it through the interface on your screen looking for the unusual interval. So in the end, you just multiply the correct number of laps with the length of the lane to get your distance. You can also easily find your speed for different splits of your workout.

Here is a track lane distance calculator that can be useful for your calculations: http://www.csgnetwork.com/disttracklanecalc.html

It is far from being a gh-watch competitor, but I think might complete your gps watch for indoor training. I hope am I not offending anyone at globalsat with this thread and if I do, please just delete. 

canadien

PS
I think there one model available on ebay.

canadien

Re: Gadget find -off topic-
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:32:52 pm »

Ok folks, I am sorry this thread is useless. I tried for the first time to use my gh-625M as a stopwatch and to my surprise the feel is far from being as bothersome as I thought  ;D

Here is how I held the watch while running:

The only thing is that I don't want to overuse the lap button because on 200m track you have to clic 5 times per kilometer. I know it's robust but I'm not sure it was designed for as many repetitive press.

Anyway mod please delete this thread, it is unuseful!
I am no interested in this stupid gadget anymore.
My GPS watch will be just find for this kind of workout

Sometimes I became gadget maniac and it lead me to be insignificant. Now I need to cool down a little  :D

canadien

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 01:31:04 am »

Hi,

I think it is better to discuss this theme not in the topic "Everything else apart from GPS". :o

Instead of pushing the button for taking a lap-time it would be nice to have the heart-touch-function we discussed a time ago. With this finction a lap-time is taken by putting the watch next to the heart-rate-monitor just without pushing any button  ;)
Polar has this function in some of their watches.

Have a nice weekend, and Zingo for you good luck!

Sincerely

Longjog
The function you are talking about which is describe here http://www.polar.fi/en/support/product_support?product=22999&category=Tips&documenttitle=%0AHeartTouch+function+in+Polar+Training+Computers&document=/gip/PKBStoGIP.nsf/web_cat/C225742500419A8A42256C24003F0585?openDocument
is obviously marvelous. But I suppose it uses a specific piece of hardware which our GH watches don't have. So probably this won't be available in the next two or three generations.

But it would certainly help to save the lap button on the 615/625 watch.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:12:15 am »

For all of us who run in and out during winter, but don't rely on any pedometer device when running on an indoor athletic track, I just fell on some interesting and cheap usb stopwatch: junsd stopwatch
http://www.rhardiman.plus.com/stopwatch/junsd.html

The interest lies in the fact that if you miss a lap, it will be easy to trace it through the interface on your screen looking for the unusual interval. So in the end, you just multiply the correct number of laps with the length of the lane to get your distance. You can also easily find your speed for different splits of your workout.

Here is a track lane distance calculator that can be useful for your calculations: http://www.csgnetwork.com/disttracklanecalc.html

It is far from being a gh-watch competitor, but I think might complete your gps watch for indoor training. I hope am I not offending anyone at globalsat with this thread and if I do, please just delete. 

canadien

PS
I think there one model available on ebay.

Hi Canadien,

The product looks simple and easy to use.
Do you mean to implement distance to be recurred by N Laps*Lap off distance for indoor training? Maybe we can consider to implement into Lap Setting item. But there is only 64Laps for GH-625 due to protocol limition. I am not sure it has sufficient help or not.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:18:38 am »

Hi,

I think it is better to discuss this theme not in the topic "Everything else apart from GPS". :o

Instead of pushing the button for taking a lap-time it would be nice to have the heart-touch-function we discussed a time ago. With this finction a lap-time is taken by putting the watch next to the heart-rate-monitor just without pushing any button  ;)
Polar has this function in some of their watches.

Have a nice weekend, and Zingo for you good luck!

Sincerely

Longjog
The function you are talking about which is describe here http://www.polar.fi/en/support/product_support?product=22999&category=Tips&documenttitle=%0AHeartTouch+function+in+Polar+Training+Computers&document=/gip/PKBStoGIP.nsf/web_cat/C225742500419A8A42256C24003F0585?openDocument
is obviously marvelous. But I suppose it uses a specific piece of hardware which our GH watches don't have. So probably this won't be available in the next two or three generations.

But it would certainly help to save the lap button on the 615/625 watch.

Hi Canadien,

Yes, the touch feature is marvelous. Personal thought is that they use energy sensing or Accelerator technology.
We have put into next generation plan as "Globalsat inside" product. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 22 queries.