USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas and suggestions for future watch models  (Read 45348 times)

canadien

Re: Ideas and suggestions for future watch models
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2011, 05:14:25 pm »

final test for today

weasel

« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2011, 08:04:19 pm »

Sorry guys, I just received the high resol pic but can't really play with it until the middle of next week.
Altought I did this rapidly:

I am trying to figure out what is on the pic below that is not on the new 595 watch: can you?

The upper and lower side of the screen are a little rounded, or it is the bumbed/flat rim?
I like this one ! It's looks good!

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2011, 11:18:23 am »

thanks albert

this is the same idea with diffrent shape

Canadien,
I really like this idea, especially with clock on bottom.
Can you test it with carbon backround instead of pure black?

Rookie

Hi,

This idea seems doable, I wanna check with engineer. ;) Perhaps it is challenge to fit in casing with so big display.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2011, 06:21:39 pm »

Front look on GH-595:

From now and on, we will keep working with your valuable comments. Our footprint will has your cavity. ;)
Sincerely,

Geoffrey
I like the buttons. Big and solid which is cool. Looks like they can be operated with gloves on too.
Also surprised by the display. Thought it would be to small at first but it seems very good at first glance.
However and I don't know how to express this... it's never easy to be the negative guy...I don't really like the overallimpression of the watch. I don't want to be rude to the designers but my impression is that it lacks that little extra. It looks like any watch that can be bought in any shop anywhere.
Please note that it's not because I drew a suggestion of my ownfurther up in this thread that differs very much from gh-595 that I have a more negative view than the rest of you guys. That said, I hope the watch is great as a sportswatch which in the end is what it's all about.

Best regards
Anders

Hi Anders,

Thanks for advise.
The over all appearence is not harmonious to you, do you think it work if we change the color or add some symbol?
How about changing screen to round? Or it needs to add more button or change the placement?
Let's brainstorming to come out best idea.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

I'm actually growing to like it better and better. Out of curiousity: what's the text on the watch next to each button? Also I think that every watch should front the product ID (595) in some way.

Anders

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2011, 09:31:45 pm »

Front look on GH-595:

From now and on, we will keep working with your valuable comments. Our footprint will has your cavity. ;)
Sincerely,

Geoffrey
I like the buttons. Big and solid which is cool. Looks like they can be operated with gloves on too.
Also surprised by the display. Thought it would be to small at first but it seems very good at first glance.
However and I don't know how to express this... it's never easy to be the negative guy...I don't really like the overallimpression of the watch. I don't want to be rude to the designers but my impression is that it lacks that little extra. It looks like any watch that can be bought in any shop anywhere.
Please note that it's not because I drew a suggestion of my ownfurther up in this thread that differs very much from gh-595 that I have a more negative view than the rest of you guys. That said, I hope the watch is great as a sportswatch which in the end is what it's all about.

Best regards
Anders

Hi Anders,

Thanks for advise.
The over all appearence is not harmonious to you, do you think it work if we change the color or add some symbol?
How about changing screen to round? Or it needs to add more button or change the placement?
Let's brainstorming to come out best idea.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

I'm actually growing to like it better and better. Out of curiousity: what's the text on the watch next to each button? Also I think that every watch should front the product ID (595) in some way.

Anders

Hi Anders,

The font in front to the faceplate is Arial, any ideas?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2011, 03:53:27 pm »

thanks albert

this is the same idea with diffrent shape

Canadien,
I really like this idea, especially with clock on bottom.
Can you test it with carbon backround instead of pure black?

Rookie
Canadien,
I know, you are very busy at the moment, but if you have time to play with this idea, it would be very nice to see how it looks.

Another idea regarding design would be have iron rim insted of plastic one. It definitely gives more quality feeling about product. This iron rim idea was used in first released picture of GH-595 and it really looks good.

Rookie

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2011, 05:39:52 pm »

Anders

Hi Anders,

The font in front to the faceplate is Arial, any ideas?
Sincerely,
Geoffrey
Hi! Arial is fine. I was actually more curious of what the text said, I mean the functions of the buttons, but thanks to Rookies new post i can read them myself. I assume lap and start/stop will be achieved by holding buttons for a longer time then? Me curious. Yes.When it comes to buttons and functions - always.

Anders

canadien

« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2011, 08:07:56 pm »

Canadien,
I know, you are very busy at the moment, but if you have time to play with this idea, it would be very nice to see how it looks.

Another idea regarding design would be have iron rim insted of plastic one. It definitely gives more quality feeling about product. This iron rim idea was used in first released picture of GH-595 and it really looks good.

Rookie
Hi Rookie,

I did think you had a good idea when I first read your request but just totally forgot about it. Sorry. I'll put in my schedule for friday and will come back with that for sure.

As for the ring, it looks plastic, but I think it is metal. Real watch should be nicer than on image  8)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2011, 01:45:43 am »

Canadien,

Rookie
Hi Rookie,

I did think you had a good idea when I first read your request but just totally forgot about it. Sorry. I'll put in my schedule for friday and will come back with that for sure.

As for the ring, it looks plastic, but I think it is metal. Real watch should be nicer than on image  8)

Hi Rookie, Canadian,

Actually, we treat the rim as separate parts, so it could be any material.
I am wondering which material and color are suitable.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2011, 07:14:42 am »

Canadien,

Rookie
Hi Rookie,

Hi Rookie, Canadian,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pure stainless steel would be my choice. It is good looking and proof watch itself if you accidentaly hit it somewhere. Also stainless steel itself is very strong and its not broken after first hit.
If you use some coated material (chrome for example) it is more weak for hits and may start to look used after some time.

Plastic would be most terrible choice, please ignore it.

Rookie

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2011, 09:06:57 am »

Canadien,

Rookie
Hi Rookie,

Hi Rookie, Canadian,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pure stainless steel would be my choice. It is good looking and proof watch itself if you accidentaly hit it somewhere. Also stainless steel itself is very strong and its not broken after first hit.
If you use some coated material (chrome for example) it is more weak for hits and may start to look used after some time.

Plastic would be most terrible choice, please ignore it.

Rookie

Hi Rookie,

We toward to use the plastic and stainless for the casing design. As you know, metal material will absorb GPS and RF signal.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2011, 10:39:35 am »

Hey Roockie,

is that the color you mean, or more darker than that? It is indeed a nice contrast.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:44:25 am by canadien »

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2011, 04:25:54 pm »

Canadien,

I mean more like this kind of texture. http://www.tiptopwatches.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Hublot-King-Power-Carbon-Fibre-Cathedral-2.jpg

Google picture search will find lot of carbon fiber textures which can use.

Rookie

canadien

« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2011, 12:56:17 pm »

not prefect: had to do it manually as I don't know how to import texture in psp.

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »

Thanks Canadien!
It looks promising for me. How about others, what you think of idea?

Rookie
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 19 queries.