USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas and suggestions for future watch models  (Read 44278 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Ideas and suggestions for future watch models
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 10:39:27 am »

I imagine a model which has the built-in accelerometer to measure the position in space to create a 3D map.

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

It seems innovation idea!
Can you explan more detail or similar product for me?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :D

nexuspolaris

• Regular Members
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 07:37:58 am »

Hello Geoffrey, I'm sorry for the delay in responding is that my English.

Try to explain what it might do the accelerometer inside the watch.

Meanwhile, the sports to which I have thought about parachuting and hang gliding. For the measurement would be parachuting, first, quickly memorize the position on the three axes XYZ and the relative acceleration of gravity. The second step would be tracing back, in this case not on the earth plane but vertical descent, using the maps of google earth for example. You would see that while the position of the skydiver falls turns and makes all the changes up to touch the ground.

This system would also feature black box just for storing data and launch position until the ground by tracing the movements in the sky of the paratrooper.

As for the hang glider only change the procedure is similar move over long distances and hence less speed data acquisition, therefore, less data parachutist coming down faster on land than gliding.

I hope that the translation of google has been good. I remain at your disposal for further clarification.

Regards.

I imagine a model which has the built-in accelerometer to measure the position in space to create a 3D map.

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Sincerely,

jervanheg

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 03:43:39 am »

It seems the ideas being discussed focus on possibilities. If I may, I'd like to add my wish list with respect to ergonomics - fully realising that some of these ideas may not be feasable:
- water resistant
- quicker processing speed, so that the breadcrump trail in map mode refreshes instantly
- higher-resolution LCD
- buttons that can be operated more easily (for instance, when wearing bike gloves)
- longer battery life
- "GPS Off"-dedicated key combination (so as to use it as watch when you're on the way, or resting,...) to save battery
- smaller watch (should be possible, if you look at the size of the GPS-chip in the iPhone...)
- direct compatability with GPX
- compatible with future Galileo

The way it stands now, the current version of the GH625 already offers most of the possibilities of the Garmin Edge 500, which sells at 3x the price. It doesn't need much more to overtake the Garmin.

Oh - one more development that I really miss.... and that should not be too difficult in integrating in todays' software... a switch between "north up" and "direction up". Basically,  "north up" is what's currently being applied - but when you use the trackback feature or wish to follow a breadcrum trail, it is much more intuitive to have a "direction up" (as in a carGPS). Hope this makes sense.

abdominizer

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 04:32:46 am »

Hello Geoffrey,
I have some suggestions reguarding the interval workout settings for the upcoming watches, maybe I'm a little late for the first release but please consider for later software upgrades.

I would like to be able to set different rest times between intervals, this is useful when I do a workout with two or more sets of intervals with a longer rest between sets. E.g 3x8x200 rest 30 sec./4 minutes. I run three sets of 8 times 200 meters with a 30 second rest between the 200m intervals and a 4 minute rest between the sets.

I would also like to be able to set different interval length within the same workout, this is useful when I do a workout such as 500m - 1000m - 1500m - 1000m - 500m with a 1 minute rest.

Solution for the above is to individually set the length of each interval and the following rest, maybe showing last selected value as suggestion making it easier to input an interval workout with same length interval/rest.

The rest between intervals should also be possible to set as time in seconds/minutes or as meters. I sometimes rest standing still and for that a timed rest is best, but I sometimes do a jogging rest for wich a distance setting is better.

Rest time between intervals should be shown as a timer counting down, if possible with a beep for the last 5 or 10 seconds in order to get ready for the next interval in time.

I would like to hear an alert noice when reaching the end of each interval for those occations when I don't run the intervals on a measured track.

You might already have thought of these functions, but if not I hope you consider my suggestions useful!

Thats it for now, but I will post again If something else comes to my mind!

Sincerely,
Jonas
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
GH-505 #00006, Firmware: F-0TH-0C-1005061 (Version 2.0)
Sporttracks Version 2.1.3465
GS-Sport Gym Version 2.1, GS-Sport Gym Pro V.1.2

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2010, 11:08:55 am »

skiing...
I did some downhill skiing this week, maybe there is some nice features that are interesting for ski tracking, as Im a beginner I don't have any big ideas bur people here probably have a few. But here is mine:
1. Make autolap on top/bottom of hill, maybe even autoremove the "ski lift" time.
2. Max speed (probably already available)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:02 am »

skiing...
I did some downhill skiing this week, maybe there is some nice features that are interesting for ski tracking, as Im a beginner I don't have any big ideas bur people here probably have a few. But here is mine:
1. Make autolap on top/bottom of hill, maybe even autoremove the "ski lift" time.
2. Max speed (probably already available)

Hello Zingo,

Thanks for sharing ideas.
I think GH-505 has top bottom for trigger and could be fit the idea.
Can you explain more detail about "SKI LIFT" time?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :D

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2010, 07:50:56 am »

Meanwhile, the sports to which I have thought about parachuting and hang gliding. For the measurement would be parachuting, first, quickly memorize the position on the three axes XYZ and the relative acceleration of gravity. The second step would be tracing back, in this case not on the earth plane but vertical descent, using the maps of google earth for example. You would see that while the position of the skydiver falls turns and makes all the changes up to touch the ground.

This system would also feature black box just for storing data and launch position until the ground by tracing the movements in the sky of the paratrooper.

As for the hang glider only change the procedure is similar move over long distances and hence less speed data acquisition, therefore, less data parachutist coming down faster on land than gliding.

I hope that the translation of google has been good. I remain at your disposal for further clarification.

Regards.

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Sincerely,

Hello Giuseppe

Nice to see u again!
It seems a interesting that the application for parachuting and hang gliding, even though I have never experienced them. :D

It seems the accurate elevalation is important for this to get the asceeding speed, isn't it?
And I am not know the whether Goolgle support 3D curve? Do you have any ideas?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 08:08:30 am »

Can you explain more detail about "SKI LIFT" time?
Well I want to record the skiiing than not the time I spend going back up at the hill.
But this can be trich to do automatically so maybe it should be done in sw with user asistance
instead after the import. I didn't know if this is realy needed, it just an Idea, here is probably someone
that goes skiiing more often than me that can fill in more ideas and whats intersting to know.

DonDuron

• Regular Members
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2010, 04:30:18 am »

Regards.

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Sincerely,

Hello Giuseppe

Nice to see u again!
It seems a interesting that the application for parachuting and hang gliding, even though I have never experienced them. :D

It seems the accurate elevalation is important for this to get the asceeding speed, isn't it?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hi Guiseppe,

Hi Geoffrey,

Sporttracks offers 2 Plugins that lets you View 3d simulations of your workouts, direct export to Google Earth is possible this way.

Dobrou extensions:
Extended KML export and Google Earth integration,dot-racing,colored track based on speed/cadence/etc.,3D graphs of speed,heartrate,etc. plotted on GPS track directly in Google Earth,view/export/comparsion of multiple activities at once

Apply Routes Plugin:
Create routes from activities, and apply them to workouts without gps tracks. Provides lots of new map types. View 3d simulations of your workouts.

Hope that helpes.

About the Max HR settings: would it be possible to ad some kind of autocorrection ? something like if during workout you exeed the value that is calculated by the watch, lets the device ask for the new value to be set as HR max in personal settings when storing the data?

Sincerely,

Dennis

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2010, 10:12:16 am »

Regards.

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Sincerely,

Hello Giuseppe

Nice to see u again!

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hi Guiseppe,

Hi Geoffrey,

Sporttracks offers 2 Plugins that lets you View 3d simulations of your workouts, direct export to Google Earth is possible this way.

Dobrou extensions:
Extended KML export and Google Earth integration,dot-racing,colored track based on speed/cadence/etc.,3D graphs of speed,heartrate,etc. plotted on GPS track directly in Google Earth,view/export/comparsion of multiple activities at once

Apply Routes Plugin:
Create routes from activities, and apply them to workouts without gps tracks. Provides lots of new map types. View 3d simulations of your workouts.

Hope that helpes.

About the Max HR settings: would it be possible to ad some kind of autocorrection ? something like if during workout you exeed the value that is calculated by the watch, lets the device ask for the new value to be set as HR max in personal settings when storing the data?

Sincerely,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

The new plugins seems very interesting! I can't wait to experience them! :D
Do you mean to input Max manually not according to "220-age"?
It is possible, not complicated. I can discuss with our team.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

abdominizer

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2010, 03:33:29 pm »

I don't think a autocorrection of max HR is a good idea! The reason for this is that the autocorrection would overwrite a correct value with a uncorrect one if the HR-belt would produce spike HR value, a value way above the actual HR. I think its better to manually change the max HR after a training session if you see that your previos value is exceeded and that the value is not part of a wrong value in a spike.

Regards,
Jonas

DonDuron

• Regular Members
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 01:52:13 am »

I don't think a autocorrection of max HR is a good idea! The reason for this is that the autocorrection would overwrite a correct value with a uncorrect one if the HR-belt would produce spike HR value, a value way above the actual HR. I think its better to manually change the max HR after a training session if you see that your previos value is exceeded and that the value is not part of a wrong value in a spike.

Regards,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

The wrong spike HR values given by non coded belts are a strong point against the autocorrection, i agree with that. But future watches would use ant coded belts and sensors that are much more reliable and would not produce these spike values.
What about the device would ask you after you have finnished your workout, i mean after you have stopped the timer, press ESC and beeing asked to store the data? something like: "set 211 as new HRmax?" and you can decide by yourself?

Regards,
Dennis

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2010, 04:26:01 am »

I don't think a autocorrection of max HR is a good idea!
Agreed !
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

abdominizer

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 08:56:48 am »

But future watches would use ant coded belts and sensors that are much more reliable and would not produce these spike values.

ANT-coded belts will be more reliable but the possibility of a spike value still exists. The ANT technology is not 100% accurate and even if it is 100% correct there are still the possibility that your heart will beat out of rythm wich will produce a spike.

What about the device would ask you after you have finnished your workout, i mean after you have stopped the timer, press ESC and beeing asked to store the data? something like: "set 211 as new HRmax?" and you can decide by yourself?

I think you will have to analyze the HR curve on your computer screen to be able to see if the max HR is a spike or not. When you are running with a HR close to your max you won't be looking at yor watch long enough to be able to determine if max HR was a spike or not.

So I still don't like the idea, even though your argumentation makes sense!

regards,
Jonas

DonDuron

• Regular Members
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2010, 10:48:04 am »

But future watches would use ant coded belts and sensors that are much more reliable and would not produce these spike values.

ANT-coded belts will be more reliable but the possibility of a spike value still exists. The ANT technology is not 100% accurate and even if it is 100% correct there are still the possibility that your heart will beat out of rythm wich will produce a spike.

I think you will have to analyze the HR curve on your computer screen to be able to see if the max HR is a spike or not. When you are running with a HR close to your max you won't be looking at yor watch long enough to be able to determine if max HR was a spike or not.

So I still don't like the idea, even though your argumentation makes sense!

regards,
Jonas

Again I agree, that even ant-coded belts can generate false signals, but in case one would be asked to accept the new readings, the decision is made by the user, and I think,hope, that no one would accept a HRmax of 290 without doubting authenticity. By the way, HRmax is an individual and fixed value, up to my knowledge, it cant be exeeded by a heart out of rhythem, at least by healthy athlets.
And like many others, i prefer to analyse my workout by transfering the data to my computer and visualizing them through Training Gym or SportTracks.
On the other hand, many of the runners I know like to use their wrist-training-computers as a "standalone-device". When running, they need a reliable value for %HR, and in this cases it would be quite comfotable to put on your watch, perform a hard workout like interval uphill running resulting in maxHR, that would let calculate the trainingcomputer reliable %HR-values for zone training in future workouts.

Regards,
Dennis

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 18 queries.