USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas and suggestions for future watch models  (Read 39428 times)

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
Ideas and suggestions for future watch models
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:34:34 am »

I created this thread to gather some ideas for future modifications or new
functions for the next watch models. I think this will apply mainly to the
hardware since other functions could be solved by firmware/software.

Let me start with two wishes, which are related to eachother:

1. Since I downloaded my first training data from the watch into my computer,
I didn't like to use the screwdriver to "open" and "close" the watch for data transfer !
In the meantime, I broke the edge of the original screwdriver and I have to use
another one...
For the next models I strongly suggest a wireless connection (Bluetooth ?).

2. Although data transfer can be done wirelessly, I'm afraid that battery charging
will still need a cable. I know that the screwdriver solution is for water protection,
but I still don't want to have an additional tool.  And I also do not want to have an
additional (means: special !) cable for charging. I would prefer a standard USB
connector, so that all other cable (like digital camera, mobile phone) would fit !

That's all for the beginning...

Best regards. Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

albert

• I believe in this product
Re: Ideas and suggestions for future watch models
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:31:40 am »

Hello Hubert,

I don't know why you need a screwdriver, there is on the one of me a rubber cap.
I agree with the idea to put wishes on the forum for hard ore software solutions.
This are the ones for me:
  • in the software Training Gym (TG) average speed
  • in TG % altitude climbing, also in the watch
  • possibility of external power with cable for AA battery's, the case exist already called battery-extender for 4 mignon cels, nice and small only we need the cable

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

Icehands

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 05:07:36 pm »

And, because no, a module in GS-Sport Training Gym to export the routes created by third parties programs (Google Earth, Ozi, etc…) like routes and not like training activities.  ::) ::)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:17 pm »

Hello Hubert,

I don't know why you need a screwdriver, there is on the one of me a rubber cap.
I agree with the idea to put wishes on the forum for hard ore software solutions.
  • possibility of external power with cable for AA battery's, the case exist already called battery-extender for 4 mignon cels, nice and small only we need the cable

Dear Albert,

Thanks for providing ideas. We are testing extended power now, and you will get discount if you have our GH product.  ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:14:37 pm »

And, because no, a module in GS-Sport Training Gym to export the routes created by third parties programs (Google Earth, Ozi, etc…) like routes and not like training activities.  ::) ::)

Dear Icehands

Training Gym supports KML and GPX file format, you can find the software supports this kind format.

Also, we are cooking the next generation product for traveling "GH-561", the PC SW is called " Traveler Manager" which supports direct to create route on SW and export to KML or GPX file. We are testing it and almost be finished, if you are interested, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:29:41 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I am also very mutch interrested in the new software called GH-561", and the PC SW " Traveler Manager", because a lot of times I want to redo the route. take little peaces out and rejoin them. I have Ozi, but not always the maps to draw on. So with traveler manager it becomes much easer. There is a possibillity with Bikely.com to upload tracks, but is nothing like what you are offering.

Thanks in advanche

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 1.03 F-GGB-2O-1204131.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.6.8 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.4415

Icehands

• Regular Members
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 04:05:21 pm »

Hi Geoffrey

Ohhh yesss of course. I´m interested in this SW and, yes, I know that the present software if that is able to work with files KML and GPX, but the problem that I have is that I cannot introduce those files to the GH-625 like “route”, that is to say, that I export if it from software, later does not appear listing in menu NAVIGATION --> ROUTES --> LIST ALL.
I do not know if I have been able to explain it well. I hope that thus it is.

Thanks Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 03:23:34 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

With the new generation watch you could think in splitting it in to modules.
What do I mean:
  • Take a basic module that thus the most functions.
  • make a water sport module, runner and cycling module, climbing hiking one
Sell the basic watch module with one of the above modules.
The advantage of this is, without pushing the processor you can put a lot of extra functionality to the module watch, no ballast of carrying thinks the user thus not want. Example a water sporter is not very interested in altitude ore the g radians of a hill in %. so the personal pages are not filled with stuff they don't use. Therefore they get more detail in the stuff they want to see. Makes the watch more flexible, and easier to sell at a nice price.

Greetings,

Albert           

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 12:37:11 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

With the new generation watch you could think in splitting it in to modules.
What do I mean:
  • Take a basic module that thus the most functions.
  • make a water sport module, runner and cycling module, climbing hiking one
Sell the basic watch module with one of the above modules.
The advantage of this is, without pushing the processor you can put a lot of extra functionality to the module watch, no ballast of carrying thinks the user thus not want. Example a water sporter is not very interested in altitude ore the g radians of a hill in %. so the personal pages are not filled with stuff they don't use. Therefore they get more detail in the stuff they want to see. Makes the watch more flexible, and easier to sell at a nice price.

Greetings,

Albert         

Hi Albert,

For next generation watch; there are 3 models:

501: Basic, simple training functionalities, trainer function (like virtual partner), 50m water resistance, 2 weeks @ watch mode. Lowest Price!

503: Entry, interval/ muti sports, trainer function (like virtual partner), 50m water resistance, 2 weeks @ watch mode. Middle Price!

505: Professional, interval/ muti sports, trainer function (like virtual partner), 50 m water resistance, 2 weeks @ watch mode. Supports 2.4G HR and  Candence and power meter! Highest Price!

They all use Training Gym-Pro, different to muti sports to Training Gym.

For Outdoor Traveling:

GH-561: Smart Routing, 3 Axis E-compass, find waypoints.

Use Travel Manager SW to plan route, waypoint and managed as data base.

MuzLog: The future model, will consider to MP3+ data logger and geotagging function.
SW: Immageo as a free ware, you can refer to http://www.easydevices.co.uk/main.asp?sitepages=Downloads. It is apprecaited if provide ideas.

Looking forward to hearing everybody comments.

Geoffrey  ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:39:47 pm by TWG_TECH4 »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 12:42:20 pm »

Hi Geoffrey

Ohhh yesss of course. I´m interested in this SW and, yes, I know that the present software if that is able to work with files KML and GPX, but the problem that I have is that I cannot introduce those files to the GH-625 like “route”, that is to say, that I export if it from software, later does not appear listing in menu NAVIGATION --> ROUTES --> LIST ALL.

Thanks Geoffrey

Hi Iceland

You might be misunderstanding.
The "Training Manager" onlys support GH-561 direct to upload route, for GH-625, you just be able to create route and use KML or GPX to downlaod to watch in ACTIVITY.

Sincerely

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 01:17:10 pm »

Hi Geoffrey

Thanks Geoffrey

Hi Iceland

The "Training Manager" onlys support GH-561 direct to upload route, for GH-625, you just be able to create route and use KML or GPX to downlaod to watch in ACTIVITY.

Sincerely

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey,

This is already a big advantage to us.
I am out for a week, so don't worry, see you all in a weeks time.

Greetings,

Albert

Icehands

• Regular Members
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 02:07:31 pm »

Well, well, I understand now it. As usually it is said in my country, “my joy in a well;D ;D

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 04:09:21 am »

Hi Geoffrey

Thanks Geoffrey

Hi Iceland

Sincerely

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey,

This is already a big advantage to us.
I am out for a week, so don't worry, see you all in a weeks time.

Greetings,

Albert

Dear Albert,

Perhaps we are not perfect, but we are going to provide the best service to customer continuously. Thanks for wait.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  ;)

albert

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 02:37:24 pm »

Hello Hubert,

Dear Albert,

Thanks for providing ideas. We are testing extended power now, and you will get discount if you have our GH product.  ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,

I like to know if the extended power is already there?

Greetings,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 10:43:56 am »

Hello Hubert,

Dear Albert,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,

I like to know if the extended power is already there?

Greetings,

Albert

Hi Albert,

We are purchasing more samples to have trial run, will go packaging design once finish testing.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 20 queries.