USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas and suggestions for future watch models  (Read 45039 times)

ultrapetita

Re: Ideas and suggestions for future watch models
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 01:08:02 pm »

Hello Geoffrey,

I like to know if the extended power is already there?

Greetings,

Albert

Hi Albert,

We are purchasing more samples to have trial run, will go packaging design once finish testing.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

Hi Geoffrey,

Just to highlight the importance of the battery performance in the future models - and not only in room temperature, but as well in cold temps.

As seen the GH-615 operation time, it may be reduced dramatically already when used around 0degC (and here up in the north even much colder, say -15degC)

(I know, this is a big challenge for the battery suppliers and even bigger for the device manufacturers to find an affordable high performance battery)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 11:05:38 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

I like to know if the extended power is already there?

Greetings,

Albert

Hi Albert,

We are purchasing more samples to have trial run, will go packaging design once finish testing.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

Hi Geoffrey,

Just to highlight the importance of the battery performance in the future models - and not only in room temperature, but as well in cold temps.

As seen the GH-615 operation time, it may be reduced dramatically already when used around 0degC (and here up in the north even much colder, say -15degC)

(I know, this is a big challenge for the battery suppliers and even bigger for the device manufacturers to find an affordable high performance battery)

Dear Ultrapetita

For sure the battery life is the importance of watch. The working temperature of battery technology at present is 0 ~ 60 degree C. It would be a challenge for us and a topic for study.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey     

Phil

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 07:44:45 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I recently found a German company which are selling Globalsat watches with their own brand.
In their website they have this watch, which will be available only on 01/09/2009, so I got curious if this is also the same model as the new watches that are being developed by Globalsat.

Can you confirm if this is how the GH-501/2/3 will look like?

Regards,
-Phil

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 09:38:48 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I recently found a German company which are selling Globalsat watches with their own brand.
In their website they have this watch, which will be available only on 01/09/2009, so I got curious if this is also the same model as the new watches that are being developed by Globalsat.

Can you confirm if this is how the GH-501/2/3 will look like?

Regards,
-Phil

Hi Phil

Sorry about I can't show too much information, since GH-50x series are under development.

Regards  :)

Geoffrey

Phil

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 12:42:41 pm »

Hi Phil

Sorry about I can't show too much information, since GH-50x series are under development.

Regards  :)

Geoffrey

Ok, I understand.
Thanks for your response, anyway.

Regards,
-Phil

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 05:34:36 am »

laps...

I want more laps per training, I think that the 64 laps per training in the current series are to little. Some timebase running competitions run on a quite short track for a extensive time, sometimes as short as 400m and for times like 24h or 48h the lap limit  of 64 is to short to fit in these conditions.

Roger C

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 10:07:25 am »

This is how gh-503 and gh-505 is going to look like
You were right Phil :)
Probably same specification as Navilocks , 10 hours Gps time and 14 days without gps.
But only guessing so far, but not for long i hope...;)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 11:44:16 am »

This is how gh-503 and gh-505 is going to look like
You were right Phil :)
Probably same specification as Navilocks , 10 hours Gps time and 14 days without gps.
But only guessing so far, but not for long i hope...;)

Hi, Roger, Phil

Yes, you both are right and well to get the latest information .
Those watches are designed by us and we will show them on Euro Bike show during 9/2-9/5. The specification is
- operating time >10hrs, watch mode: 2 weeks
- MutiSport, Trainer (likes virtual partner)
- 2.4G HRM, Cadance, Speed supports (GH-505)
- 50m water resistant

If you are interest, please contact me for specification and software introduction.

GH-561 is almost ready and welcome enthusiastic testers to participate our group to experience it.

Regards

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 06:14:34 pm »

Hello
I have started to train on some POSE running and in that training "school" the number of steps per minute is something you want to "track" or at least check during training.
One of the ideas is to have 180 steps or above per minute (90 per foot).

So my question is if the new gh505 that seem to have a few addons for biking like a cadense pod, if it will also have a "pod" to have on/in your shoe to measure running cadense. And how this info is presented to the user.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 08:46:03 pm »

Hello
I have started to train on some POSE running and in that training "school" the number of steps per minute is something you want to "track" or at least check during training.

So my question is if the new gh505 that seem to have a few addons for biking like a cadense pod, if it will also have a "pod" to have on/in your shoe to measure running cadense. And how this info is presented to the user.

Hi Roger,

If the POD uses 2.4G ANT+sport protocol, it is just needed of firmware implementation.
If possible, please send me more information for reference, right now GH-505 supports Candence/ Speed, Heart Rate monitior.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey :)

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 02:36:09 am »

Hello

Hi Roger & Geoffrey,
normaly the cadence is detected by a magnetic switch. So I think the cadence-sensor for biking can not be used for running.
Maybe a sensor for accelorating like the Polar S3 food pod http://www.polar.fi/en/products/accessories/s3_stride_sensor_WIND can be used for this, but the question is, is ist a must have?
I also have seen a HR-belt with built in sensor, which is used for speed-calculation (donīt know if this works, but for counting the steps it seems to be useable). Maybe you, dear Geoffrey, can develop such a belt also. This will also look much better than this pod on the shoe.
By the way: How much would the new GH-50x modells cost?

Roger, for POSE running training you can use a mp3 file for paceing.
I think you can modify this file here http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/j.vd.bosch/Conconi-runners.xls and record it with a mp3-recorder to use it for your training.
If you will do so, after a time you are running with the high step-frequency automatically.

Sincerely

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 01:27:19 pm »

There are some very cheap ones like the NIKE pod (for Ipod/Iphone)
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/tutorial_info.php?tutorials_id=41
The freq seem to be right (reading the link) but I don't know if it is ANT compatible.

Garmin seem to use ANT now days so foot-pod they use would probably work also work.

The nice thing with a foot pod is that it will work in non GPS locations like indoor and if you run in long tunnels.

For the training listing to music with 180bpm (or over) might do the trick Ill have to try this!

Another Idea I have is to track foot movement and maybe give training feedback like "losen your foot" or "you have to long steps" but that need some serious acceleromters and analyzing to pull off. But this is just the mad-scientist in me that wake:s up wondering if people will have compatible step pattern when you run a "perfect" POSE technik.... 

("you have to long steps" was kind of a bad example the cadence would probably tell you this)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 06:45:24 am »

Hello

Hi Zingo,

Right now, GH-505 doesn't support POD, but it is just firmware issue because they are using the same technology.

Regards

Geoffrey  :D

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 07:02:00 am »

Hello

Hi Roger & Geoffrey,
normaly the cadence is detected by a magnetic switch. So I think the cadence-sensor for biking can not be used for running.
Maybe a sensor for accelorating like the Polar S3 food pod http://www.polar.fi/en/products/accessories/s3_stride_sensor_WIND can be used for this, but the question is, is ist a must have?
I also have seen a HR-belt with built in sensor, which is used for speed-calculation (donīt know if this works, but for counting the steps it seems to be useable). Maybe you, dear Geoffrey, can develop such a belt also. This will also look much better than this pod on the shoe.
By the way: How much would the new GH-50x modells cost?

Roger, for POSE running training you can use a mp3 file for paceing.
I think you can modify this file here http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/j.vd.bosch/Conconi-runners.xls and record it with a mp3-recorder to use it for your training.
If you will do so, after a time you are running with the high step-frequency automatically.

Sincerely

Longjog

Hi Longjog

It sounds interesting about heart belt with POD. I will do search for this, please let me know the product information if possible.

BTW, what is POSE running's propose? 

Regards

Geoffrey ;)

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 03:04:53 am »

Hi Longjog

It sounds interesting about heart belt with POD. I will do search for this, please let me know the product information if possible.

BTW, what is POSE running's propose? 

Regards

Geoffrey ;)

Hi Geoffrey,

I donīt know who the manufacturer of the belt is. The watch was sold from the German coffeeshop Tchibo. The watch did have the article-number TCM 236676.

Maybe you can find something out because your GH-625M was sold as OEM-Product from Tchibo also.

Sincerely

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 20 queries.