USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: One question about save routes in 625  (Read 8271 times)

Roger C

Re: One question about save routes in 625
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 11:06:47 am »

Hi Roger,

I don't know that you can select begin and and in a route you create with the waypoints, can you explaine please?
What I tried is select the waypoints manually this is a good option as well, it only takes a lot of buton pushes.  This was also my complains, so if there is another way?Pity is that a already saved route the track thus not want to be appear . Did this by [NAVIGATION], [FIND WAYPOINT], select the one I wanted, good is that it remembers the selection before, and then [GOTO].

Best regards,

Albert
Hi Albert !

A little difficult to have a fast conversation in here because of the moderating and updating of the site, but i will try to explain how i use this route funtion, if i ever will use it to something.

First i do my waypoints in TG, and give them names from 1-20 or more or less, then i import them to watch and goes to Navigation/Routes/Create New Route and add all my waypoints to a route.

Then i just follow, and listen to the beep (beeper set to message only) when i am close to my point,  maybe i record maybe not.

And i manualy press OK, when i started the route, if i like to skip a waypoint in my route and go directly from waypoint 2 to 10 i press OK-button 8 times.

And if i like to do another Route some other place, i give them number 21-40 in TG and so on, to easily create the Route inside the watch, takes about 30 secounds of your life :) .

Have a nice Weekend !

Roger C

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 01:52:05 pm »

Hi all,

???
I like to make an apologize to Geoffrey and his team, due to not understanding the logic of the way it works and the lack of not having the detail in the manual. Wanted to go to the first waypoint and the next, etc.  Thanks to Roger, I know now how it works, And it works fine on waypoints. The trick is to select the last waypoint and follow this, every time it is near to a waypoint it gives a signal and goes on to the next. A nice feature is that it draws a line from one to the other waypoint as well, so you can stay in the right direction. I will make a little description end of this week and put it on the form, I think it is quit necessary, because the manual is not talking about it. :)

Best regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

bike4fun

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 10:18:11 am »

I will make a little description end of this week and put it on the form
Hi Albert,

That would be great; I would also like to use the save routes, but can't really figure out how  :)

Best regards,

Jan

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 10:35:09 am »

Dear pro-trainers:

Thanks to experience the route function!
We are keeping providing the best services and good functionalities for all customers but sorry about we didn't update the maunal to make confusion.

Route is very simple, interesting function as a simple navigatior for your outdoor training, advanture.

It just needs to plan/ create a route by TG2.1 then press FOLLOW.

System will give you a direction point by point sequently, if you miss some point, just click OK or ESC/ LAP to go next or last.

System will auto pop up the message when you arrive the destination.

ps. the interval between 2 points is recommended to keep over 50m to get more accuracy.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :) 

bike4fun

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 11:02:18 am »

System will give you a direction point by point sequently, if you miss some point, just click OK or ESC/ LAP to go next or last.
Well, that seems really easy to use. I can't wait to try it out ;D

Best regards,

Jan.

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 08:47:14 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

Route is very simple...

Sincerely, Geoffrey  :)

"It just needs to plan/ create a route by TG2.1 then press FOLLOW."

Okay - THIS was really a funny joke !

I guess, in the meantime there are about 30 or more postings, all about how to create routes.
Forum members are discussing, asking for hints, guessing useful methods, struggeling with software,
watch buttons, creating/deleting/moving waypoint, loading them up and down, back and forth...

...and the solution is so easy:

Just plan/ create a route by TG2.1 then press FOLLOW.

I don't know why I didn't do that rigth from the beginning.
I could have saved a lot of time...

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

albert

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 05:44:26 pm »

Hello here is the little description of the Navigation possibilities and method of the GH625

Navigation with Training Gym (TG) V2.1 from Global Sat.

In the watch Firm Ware (FW) version 1.12 F-GGH-2A-0905191

1.   Making an track and import it:

•   You can make a track with different programs, like Nokia sport tracks, Bikely.com or GPSies.com. and many more or download from the watch.
•   Important is the fact that a file GPX or KML should not have waypoints, you get an ERROR when you want to import them.
•   Tracks can’t be done with TG, you can download from the watch or import.
•   Tracks can be uploaded to the Watch; the destination in the watch is in the [Activity] menu.

2.   Working with a track:

•   If you look in the submenu [activity info] you will see the tracks you did your self or the uploaded ones.
•   Select one by pressing [OK]
•   You now see the results of your training track, select [TRACK BACK ?]
•   Select [BACKWARD] or [FORWARD]
•   Before you can start you need a fix on the satellite.
•   You now can follow the track; in case waypoints are loaded into the watch you will see them as well on the map screen.
•   Before you start you should press [OK] in the user page to start the recording.
•   If you not close to the track you can [GO TO START] or [GO TO END]
•   In the map you will see a dotted line and a line a little bit thicker then the track, the thicker line is the actual recording from your self while you busy with your activity.
•   In the map screen you can zoom in [۷ ]or ۸] ] zoom out,  range is 5 meters to 200 km
•   Experian’s tell that 200 m for cycling is good to do, but you can select what you like.
•   Don’t forget that the map always stays North, if you traveling South and the line shows a left line it means you have to go a right!
•    After finishing press [ESC/LAP] to so save the data. You can download the track in to TG, and you will see the track displayed on Google map, and see the training results.

3.   Waypoint navigation:

•   Since the new software TG V2.1 you can create waypoints with [PLANNING TOOL] in [main menu] (see fig.)
•   The waypoints are alphanumeric sensitive, so you should label them for example A001 or smaller A01, gives still the possibility of A99 numbers.
•   The A standing for route A, B for route B
•   The letter in front is necessary if you have more then one route, because in the watch you will see all waypoints.
•   In the LOCATION NAME there is space for maximum 6 characters.
•   With creating the waypoints I personally use behind the LOCATION NAME an space and the letters L (for Left turn) and R (for Right turn) the S (can be used for Straight)
•   The positioning from the waypoints can be done in the next road, but not always to far in, otherwise you can confuse your self by the distant you still have to go.  I.e. two side ways to the right within 100 m. with a waypoint say 100m in the first right can let you go in to the second right because of the distant display gives A003 R with 100m to go. Of course you can turn back, but you don’t want to do that too often.
•   Make sure that the last waypoint is near the place you want to finish, because at the last waypoint the watch wants to save the data.
•   After you finished you can download the track from the watch, if you want to see the waypoints as well make sure you download them as well in the same day.
•   Working with waypoints has the advantage that you always can see if you go in the right direction.
•   After you created the waypoints you can upload them to the watch, by selecting those you want.

4.   Making a route in the watch and follow it:
•   To create a route you have to go to the menu [NAVIGATION]
•   Select [ROUTES], select [CREATE NEW ROUTE], if you not having a route already.
•   You will see ------- -:- --.- km, press [OK]
•   Now you see your created waypoints, made in TG, in alphanumeric order.
•   You select each waypoint by pressing [OK] then [OK] again, go arrow down and select the next waypoint by [OK] etc.
•   Don’t press [delete?], all waypoints will be deleted, so no route is created.
•   If you made a mistake, finish the route first and then use the option to insert or delete.
•   If the waypoints are all in, you press [FOLLOW]
•   The question [DO YOU RECORD RUNNING DATA?] [YES] [NO] comes up.
•   Normally you would press [YES]
•   Now the map appears automatically and shows the first waypoint in the right hand screen. An arrow showing the direction you have to go, the location name (in capital letters and only 5 char) + the distant to go ( straight line of course) to the next waypoint. In this case the first one.
•   If you near to the waypoint it beeps and go’s on to the next.
•   From now on a line is drawing between the waypoints, with your recording line together.
•   If you missed one waypoint, you can skip with press [OK] your self. It go’s to the next waypoint, this is a very nice feature. With the [ESC/LAP] button you go a waypoint back, every time you press the button.
•   If, and this is important, you reach the last waypoint the route wants to save the data. So if you want to have from beginning to end the recording you should put the last waypoint just before home finish.
•   Another way is [PG] [NAVIGATION] [STOP ROUTE], after this you can [RETURN TO START] in [NAVIGATION] this brings you back where you started the recording.
•   I did not talk about [SAVE WAYPOINT] and [FIND WAYPOINT] but they not difficult to understand.
•   I did not mansion the grid screen with compass, because I don’t see the value of this in the way it works now in route mode. In track mode it is nice to have.

Hopefully this explains a lot more for you all, with tanks to Hubert and Roger.

Best Regards, Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 02:11:31 am »

Hi Albert,

Hello here is the little description of the Navigation possibilities and method of the GH625

Good job !  I think your description covers all - nothing is missing. Understandable. Perfect.
I'm sure this explains the navigation questions to everybody trying to use these functions.

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 10:59:44 am »

Hi Albert,

Many thanks for your so detail explaination. And thanks for Hubert and Roger to put useful suggestions on here.

Hi Hubert,

I think I typied with too easy and short words and cause of confusion and being funny.  :'(
We worked hard on customer services and functions improvement but omitted to update the instructions of manual. Sorry for your all inconvenience.

Regards

Geoffrey

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:12:19 am by TWG_TECH4 »

albert

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01:27 am »

Hello geoffrey.

I discovered an error (bug) by using waypoints and following them.

I found a big different between the route km and average speed in route of 211 km, on the bicycle computers (total 24 people) more ore less +/- 2 km and the global sat GH625.

The route I made in the watch with waypoints could not be followed due to road changes and blocking. Also I did put some waypoint 32 km from the next one, a road between to lakes so you can’t go anywhere else.

Results distance on the watch 232,1 km average 28,9 km/hour.

Real distance 211,2 and average speed 26,4 km/hour.
If you want the act file I will send it to you, also if you want more detailed infoformation.

Best regards, Albert

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 19 queries.