USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Roadmap for new GH-625 firmware  (Read 15716 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: New firmware functions
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 09:31:50 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I just read the good news about a new firmware update for GH-625 !

We are working on firmware X. It adds:
% heart rate;
% slope;
% heart rate alert;
pace 1K;
Asc speed improvement;
Track back adds arrow in 1/3 screen;
Over 64 Laps in one training (not sure, software also needs to be checked)

Will be released by next weekend as expect.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

What about the cumulative error in auto lap function ?
This is pending really for a long time and you promised to solve it in
next firmware ?

Dear Hubert,
I am thinking we will implement the features you suggestted into the next release:

* Correction of cumulative error in auto lap function.  --- Will implement.
Sincerely, Geoffrery

Will it be included ?

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Welcome back! We miss you!
Perhaps we are too busy so ignored the cumulative error.
Anyway, your memory is really good!  ;)
Ok, I will go ahead to talk with software engineer, but it will take few time to fix. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
Re: Roadmap for new GH-625 firmware
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 02:08:00 pm »

Ok, I will go ahead to talk with software engineer, but it will take few time to fix. Any suggestions?

As a coder it hard to resist a question like this :), her is my shot at the problem.
My first idea was that this was hard to solve as the user could press the lap button at any time. But after some thinking it can be solved with an extra variable "lap_start" in the code
it need to be updated whenever the user press LAP-BUTTON. e.g cost is one extra variable in RAM and some code (not much).

The code execute fine in linux but you might need to replace the sleep() (or remove it) on other systems. The code simulate a LAP-BUTTON press efter 5777m has been passed.

simplelap() seem to be your current code and smartlap() is my shot at fixing it replace the call to test simplelap(). simplelap() will have the cumulative error and smartlap() will not.

License is Public domain so you can do what you like with it.

Code: [Select]
/* Correct autolap Author: Zingo Andersen License:public domain */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <limits.h>

static unsigned int lap_start;
static unsigned int lap_size=1000;
static unsigned int distance;
static unsigned int next_lap;
static unsigned int lap_count;

static int simplelap()
{
   return distance + lap_size;
}

static int smartlap()
{
   unsigned int distance_sice_lap_press;
   unsigned int last_lap_ended;
   distance_sice_lap_press = distance - lap_start;
   last_lap_ended = lap_start + distance_sice_lap_press - (distance_sice_lap_press % lap_size);   
   return last_lap_ended + lap_size;
}

static void lap(void)
{
   lap_count++;
   printf("lap:%5d Distance:%6d\n",lap_count,distance);
//   next_lap = simplelap();  //<----------- Current code
   next_lap = smartlap();     //<----------- Correct autolap
   sleep(1);   /* fake some time 1s */
}

int main(void)
{
   printf("Lapsize:%6d\n",lap_size);
   unsigned int run;
   unsigned int fake_lap_press = 5777; /* fake a user lap button press here*/

srand(1000);
   distance = 0; /* start distance */
   next_lap = lap_size; /* set first lap */
   lap_start = 0;
   lap_count = 0;

for(;;)
   {
      run = rand() % 5; /* simulate some running */
      distance += run;

if( distance >= fake_lap_press )
      {
         /* Simulate a press on the lap button */
         fake_lap_press = INT_MAX;  /* make it not retrigger for a while*/
         lap_start = distance;
         printf("LAP-PRESS at %d\n",distance);
         lap();
      }
      if( distance >= next_lap )
      {
         lap();
      }
   }
   return 0;
}

skeptisch

• Regular Members
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 12:10:05 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

"We are working on firmware X. It adds:
% heart rate;
% slope;
% heart rate alert;
pace 1K;
Asc speed improvement;"

Good to hear, that a good product becomes even better!

Does "Asc speed improvement" mean also improvements of the actual speed (i mean the horizontal speed when running or cycling) as discussed before (some kind of smoothening) or is it really just about ascending speed  when climbing a hill etc.?

Regards

Skeptisch

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 08:24:12 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

"We are working on firmware X. It adds:
% heart rate;
% slope;
% heart rate alert;
pace 1K;
Asc speed improvement;"

Good to hear, that a good product becomes even better!

Does "Asc speed improvement" mean also improvements of the actual speed (i mean the horizontal speed when running or cycling) as discussed before (some kind of smoothening) or is it really just about ascending speed  when climbing a hill etc.?

Regards

Skeptisch

Hi Skeptisch,

We always keep providing the best services to our customer to make our product perfect.

The firmware of asceeding term is that "Only improve on asceeding speed while in climbing".

Regards

Geoffrey  :)

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 01:16:31 am »

Hello together,

more ideas for firmware improvement:
- turn off the alarm while training by pressing one button for 2 seconds,
- switch between two different %HF alarms while training (for interval-training),
- free set of the max HF or rather the anaerobic threashold (where the %HF alarm is calculated from).

Sincerely

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2009, 09:44:28 pm »

As a coder it hard to resist a question like this :), her is my shot at the problem.
My first idea was that this was hard to solve as the user could press the lap button at any time. But after some thinking it can be solved with an extra variable "lap_start" in the code
it need to be updated whenever the user press LAP-BUTTON. e.g cost is one extra variable in RAM and some code (not much).

The code execute fine in linux but you might need to replace the sleep() (or remove it) on other systems. The code simulate a LAP-BUTTON press efter 5777m has been passed.

simplelap() seem to be your current code and smartlap() is my shot at fixing it replace the call to test simplelap(). simplelap() will have the cumulative error and smartlap() will not.

License is Public domain so you can do what you like with it.

Code: [Select]
/* Correct autolap Author: Zingo Andersen License:public domain */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <limits.h>

static unsigned int lap_start;
static unsigned int lap_size=1000;
static unsigned int distance;
static unsigned int next_lap;
static unsigned int lap_count;

static int simplelap()
{
   return distance + lap_size;
}

static int smartlap()
{
   unsigned int distance_sice_lap_press;
   unsigned int last_lap_ended;
   distance_sice_lap_press = distance - lap_start;
   last_lap_ended = lap_start + distance_sice_lap_press - (distance_sice_lap_press % lap_size);   
   return last_lap_ended + lap_size;
}

static void lap(void)
{
   lap_count++;
   printf("lap:%5d Distance:%6d\n",lap_count,distance);
//   next_lap = simplelap();  //<----------- Current code
   next_lap = smartlap();     //<----------- Correct autolap
   sleep(1);   /* fake some time 1s */
}

int main(void)
{
   printf("Lapsize:%6d\n",lap_size);
   unsigned int run;
   unsigned int fake_lap_press = 5777; /* fake a user lap button press here*/

srand(1000);
   distance = 0; /* start distance */
   next_lap = lap_size; /* set first lap */
   lap_start = 0;
   lap_count = 0;

for(;;)
   {
      run = rand() % 5; /* simulate some running */
      distance += run;

if( distance >= fake_lap_press )
      {
         /* Simulate a press on the lap button */
         fake_lap_press = INT_MAX;  /* make it not retrigger for a while*/
         lap_start = distance;
         printf("LAP-PRESS at %d\n",distance);
         lap();
      }
      if( distance >= next_lap )
      {
         lap();
      }
   }
   return 0;
}

Dear Zingo,

It is appreciated that you provided so detail information! I think it would be helpful for our development!
I will forward to our engineering team to evaluate.

Sincerely,

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 10:49:47 pm »

Hello together,

more ideas for firmware improvement:
- turn off the alarm while training by pressing one button for 2 seconds,
- switch between two different %HF alarms while training (for interval-training),
- free set of the max HF or rather the anaerobic threashold (where the %HF alarm is calculated from).

Sincerely

Longjog

Hi Longjog

Thanks for your suggestions.
Can you please describe more detail on these?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  ;)

t0k

• Regular Members
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 05:51:16 am »

Hey there,
I'm a new user of the GH-625M but i'm already a bit disappointed with it. I really thought i could follow a GPS track point by point, instead of having to analyse the point where i am and compare it to the graphical representation of the map. Come on, this is not what is expected of a GPS system...Or am i doing it the wrong way ?

My guess is that if you have the points that comprise the track and you have the current location it would be pretty easy to generate a mode of trackback where the user have to pass through every one of the track's points . Besides this feature, this mode also should support manual "jump" over points the user thinks are negligible.

Thank you very much for your support,
t0k

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 07:53:00 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

certainly I can explain what I mean.

The first point is to have two individual HF-areas instead of only one area at the moment.
For example for intervall-training you have to run 1000m fast with 90 - 95 % of your heartrate at the anaerobic threashold. After these 1000 m you have to cool down and run in an area between to 65% - 70% of your heartrate at the anaerobic threashold. After 200 m you have to run fast again in the higher aerea. This for 8 times. So it would be nice to have two HF-Alarm areas which can be easy switched between while training (my Polar watch switches between 3 different aereas by holding the upper right botton for more than 2 seconds Limit1->Limit2->Limit3->Limit1.... But I think two areas are enough).

The second ponit is that everybody has an individuel max. heartrate and an individual anaerobic threashold. It has to be possible to set an individuel value for that value the HF-training aereas are calculated from.
The formula 220 - age = max. HF is not applicable for good trained sportsmen like us GPS-watch users  ;).
The standard is to use the max. heartrate to calculate the training-areas. The most training-plans are assembled to the max. HF. But the training is more effective when the training areas are set in relation to the individual anaerobic threashold.
This is normaly found out by a lactat-analysing of the blood while a stresstest. But it is possible to find the threashold by a conconi-test without a blood-test also.
I have done a conconi-test and found the anaerobic threashold at 180 bpm and a max.HR of 187 bpm. My age is 42.
So I hope you understand why I want to set an individual reference value for the heartrate. It is not necessary to have two values. If someone knows his anaerobic threashold he or she will set this as reference value, otherwise you take the HF max.
For the input of the value you can name this ref.HF instead of max.HF

The advantage for setting the alarm-limits in percent of the ref.HF than in absolute values is, you not have to change the limits if the reference has changed.

Sincerely

Longjog (with heavy legs today)
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 03:55:53 am »

Hey there,
I'm a new user of the GH-625M but i'm already a bit disappointed with it. I really thought i could follow a GPS track point by point, instead of having to analyse the point where i am and compare it to the graphical representation of the map. Come on, this is not what is expected of a GPS system...Or am i doing it the wrong way ?

My guess is that if you have the points that comprise the track and you have the current location it would be pretty easy to generate a mode of trackback where the user have to pass through every one of the track's points . Besides this feature, this mode also should support manual "jump" over points the user thinks are negligible.

Thank you very much for your support,
t0k

Dear customer,

Thanks for using our product.
For Track Back, it will show the straight direction to destination.
If you want to point by point to guide you, we suggest you using route function. It can guide you point by point to pass through the track.

Please let me know if you have questions, thanks.

t0k

• Regular Members
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 04:26:39 am »

Hi again,

But i would to convert all the track points to waypoints and build the route one point at a time, right ?

t0k

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 05:57:49 am »

Hi again,

But i would to convert all the track points to waypoints and build the route one point at a time, right ?

t0k

Yes, correct.

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
Re: New firmware functions
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 07:56:24 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

It's good to hear that you missed me...

Hi Hubert,

Welcome back! We miss you!

Sincerely, Geoffrey

However - In the meantime, I remembered that I originally bought the GH-625 to have a tool
to help me to optimize my training and not to spend my time with reading and writing forum
postings.
I'm also rather tired of posting problems, questions, ideas, suggestions and more without getting
any result. The list of problems is getting longer and longer and I don't see any progress.

Didn't you promise a new firmware for the last weekend ?  Did I miss something ?
(please don't tell me, that you are still holding it, because I remembered you of the cumulative error...).

I will continue reading the forum from time to time to see, if there are any useful new items
but as long as more and more people are complaining about the old problems (like waypoint/route
loading into the watch), the only comment I could give is "Yes - this is not what we expected".

Once you provide new versions of firmware/software, I will be happy to test them and to see,
if any of the known problems have been solved and if I find some time, I will write a little feedback.

Hoping for some result,
Hubert

GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2009, 10:46:06 am »

Hi again,

t0k

Dear t0k,

Yes, that's right.

Regards

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2009, 11:09:03 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

certainly I can explain what I mean.

The first point is to have two individual HF-areas instead of only one area at the moment.
For example for intervall-training you have to run 1000m fast with 90 - 95 % of your heartrate at the anaerobic threashold. After these 1000 m you have to cool down and run in an area between to 65% - 70% of your heartrate at the anaerobic threashold. After 200 m you have to run fast again in the higher aerea. This for 8 times. So it would be nice to have two HF-Alarm areas which can be easy switched between while training (my Polar watch switches between 3 different aereas by holding the upper right botton for more than 2 seconds Limit1->Limit2->Limit3->Limit1.... But I think two areas are enough).

The second ponit is that everybody has an individuel max. heartrate and an individual anaerobic threashold. It has to be possible to set an individuel value for that value the HF-training aereas are calculated from.
The formula 220 - age = max. HF is not applicable for good trained sportsmen like us GPS-watch users  ;).
The standard is to use the max. heartrate to calculate the training-areas. The most training-plans are assembled to the max. HF. But the training is more effective when the training areas are set in relation to the individual anaerobic threashold.
This is normaly found out by a lactat-analysing of the blood while a stresstest. But it is possible to find the threashold by a conconi-test without a blood-test also.
I have done a conconi-test and found the anaerobic threashold at 180 bpm and a max.HR of 187 bpm. My age is 42.
So I hope you understand why I want to set an individual reference value for the heartrate. It is not necessary to have two values. If someone knows his anaerobic threashold he or she will set this as reference value, otherwise you take the HF max.
For the input of the value you can name this ref.HF instead of max.HF

The advantage for setting the alarm-limits in percent of the ref.HF than in absolute values is, you not have to change the limits if the reference has changed.

Sincerely

Longjog (with heavy legs today)

Hi Longjog

Are your legs getting better now?
I am wondering how does interval training use for, any benefit for this training?
For the two individual HF, my thought is:
while in training, at the custom page; user can press "UP" 2sec to switch indivual HF to set alarm. Am I right?

For ref.HF;
I am curious on conconi-test, what is the testing procedure? Does the value more accurate than max HF (220-age)? Likes your ref.HR is 187, does it mean that your heart can bear more stress?

I will go to study more because I have too questions there. ???

Have a nice weekend,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 19 queries.