USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nd 100 google earth problem  (Read 3484 times)

anginara

• Regular Members
nd 100 google earth problem
« on: August 17, 2009, 05:40:22 am »

Hi again. A few months ago i purchased the nd 100. it worked ok for 3 or so days until  something happened that required  a firmware update.After the firmeare update everything s works fine into my garmin pc mobile navigator program. I remember though that during  the first 3 days of the original use, i had somehow managed to make  the dongle work with the google earth using  the garmin option and everything worked ok. I tried to do this now with the new firmware version and nothing happenned. could it be due to a usb driver failure?? the google earth seems to search all the com ports and not finding it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

rhsutwg

• Regular Members
Re: nd 100 google earth problem
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:11:35 am »

Hello anginara,

After our tech tried ND-100 which is installed by old firmware & updated firmware w/ Google earth, none of both ND-100 can be found com port in Google earth. Therefore, it is cluelesss to us how can make it work. Sorry for not being able to help you on this matter.

Thanks,
Rach

Wengier

Re: nd 100 google earth problem
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:29:01 pm »

You can get ND-100 to work in Google Earth by using a third-party software called EarthBridge. Note that EarthBridge hasn't been updated for a few years, but it does work when the com port is specified correctly.

EarthBridge: "bridge the gap between Google Earth and your GPS receive"
http://mboffin.com/earthbridge/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 18 queries.