USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Heros! GH-561 needs you!!  (Read 8011 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Heros! GH-561 needs you!!
« on: August 29, 2009, 01:07:08 am »

Dear heros:

It is pleased to introduce that GH-561 samples are almost ready, we will arrange 5 pcs for lucky members for evaluation and experience. We will elect candidates after 9/14 and send them out by express. Please leave message if you would like.

The product information is belowing:
- Battery life: over 30 hr
- Waterproof: IPX4
- Embedded 3 axis compass
- Route navigation
- 10 waypoints and find waypoint

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:29:36 am by TWG_TECH4 »

zingo

• zingo.org
Re: Heros! GH-561 needs you!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 04:19:22 pm »

Interesting, 30hr battery life, they will last a 24h race. Is it purly for hiking or is it the same software as the training devices so you could use them for training also?

As much as I like testing new stuff I think you should get as much feed back from the hiking people on this one, The only thing I could maybe help out with is linux support testing. But if possible atleast help Phil with a communication protocol data sheet he might be interested in updating Sporttracks plugin to make export-to-watch work if we try to pursuade him.

Roger C

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:39:18 pm »

Same as Zingo here, i am more in to the heartbeat/gps watches , so i dont see the use of this device in my training.
Well, of course i can test it, but not on daily basis like i can do with the heartbeat/gps watch.

Is the software (TM) updated since the beta-version we tested earlier this summer ?
Saw that it was still on the ftp site.
Any limit in trackpoints when creating routes ?

Well, enough for now, see you later !

Med vänliga hälsningar  :)

Roger C

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 03:33:30 pm »

Interesting, 30hr battery life, they will last a 24h race. Is it purly for hiking or is it the same software as the training devices so you could use them for training also?

As much as I like testing new stuff I think you should get as much feed back from the hiking people on this one, The only thing I could maybe help out with is linux support testing. But if possible atleast help Phil with a communication protocol data sheet he might be interested in updating Sporttracks plugin to make export-to-watch work if we try to pursuade him.

Hi Zingo,

The GH-561 device is used for outdoor travelling, road off navigation; not kind of a training device.
The software is Travel Manager which posted on webiste before.
It is wonderful that you can help to integrate into Linux and to create a plug in for Sporttracks by Phil.
If possible, we can also co-work on GH-503, 505 which a next generation training watch.
Any needed, please let me know.

Regards

Geoffrey

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »

I don't know how we can pursuade Philly but he seems interested to do it
he posted here: (I assume it is the same person that did the waypoint exe tool)
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=5777

As for linux support my first question is if it that "same"
"Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port" hardware used as in the 615/626 if so it is a good chance that it works out of the box if the serial protocol is the same, if it is not the same it will probably be "easy" (or atleast possible) to update to use the new protocol if there is a paper describing it (or the changes) it would be greate. For Linux SportTracks and the nice gh600_console tool is probably the way to go.

Pwei

• Regular Members
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:35 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

as with the sports watches firmware in the past I would be very interested in testing that product. As a side effect I do use the sports watch for mapping evaluation on openstreetmap and it sound like the new product, with a compass, would be a perfect fit. Especially to "mark" special locations (e.g. bus stops, post office) the waypoints should come in handy.

As said - I´d be interested and should be able to provide feedback and proposals like I did in the past for new fw releases.

Best regards - P$@%@

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 07:45:47 am »

I don't know how we can pursuade Philly but he seems interested to do it
he posted here: (I assume it is the same person that did the waypoint exe tool)
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=5777

As for linux support my first question is if it that "same"
"Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port" hardware used as in the 615/626 if so it is a good chance that it works out of the box if the serial protocol is the same, if it is not the same it will probably be "easy" (or atleast possible) to update to use the new protocol if there is a paper describing it (or the changes) it would be greate. For Linux SportTracks and the nice gh600_console tool is probably the way to go.

Hi Zingo

For GH-561, we use STM32F103 series which embedded USB interface. You can find the information at http://www.st.com/mcu/inchtml-pages-stm32.html.

The communication protocol is not with a big change and not with so many commands.

Have a nice day

Geoffrey

Phil

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 11:34:53 am »

Hello folks!

The idea to update the SportTracks plugin is still in my plans, but I don't have much time, and it could progress slowly.
I already have the protocol specification which was provided to me by the SportTracks developer and could be useful to implement the export feature.
Before that I found out the protocol by using a COM port sniffer and reverse engineering the data.

Not sure about the GH-50x watches (are there any protocol additions on these, Geoffrey?), but for GH-561 I checked when Travel Manager was made available that the difference in the protocol is only a big-endian to little-endian change on the lenght field, so it will be easy to modify, since I already have the route uploading implemented for Keymaze watches.

Regards,
-Phil

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 10:15:05 am »

Hello folks!

The idea to update the SportTracks plugin is still in my plans, but I don't have much time, and it could progress slowly.
I already have the protocol specification which was provided to me by the SportTracks developer and could be useful to implement the export feature.
Before that I found out the protocol by using a COM port sniffer and reverse engineering the data.

Not sure about the GH-50x watches (are there any protocol additions on these, Geoffrey?), but for GH-561 I checked when Travel Manager was made available that the difference in the protocol is only a big-endian to little-endian change on the lenght field, so it will be easy to modify, since I already have the route uploading implemented for Keymaze watches.

Regards,
-Phil

Hi Phil

You are a expert on programming and reverse engineering. I also have this kind of experience on reverse engineering of hardware. ;)

GH-50x adds extra command as system configuration, mutisport, trainner; the others are similar.
I am willing to go for applying samples if you want to make a specific tool and plugin for ST.
Please let me what you think.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey  :)

Phil

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 08:01:26 pm »

Hi Phil

You are a expert on programming and reverse engineering. I also have this kind of experience on reverse engineering of hardware. ;)

GH-50x adds extra command as system configuration, mutisport, trainner; the others are similar.
I am willing to go for applying samples if you want to make a specific tool and plugin for ST.

Sincerely,

Well, I'm just too curious, and I like to understand how things work  :)

That sounds like an interesting deal.
Apart from importing/exporting tracks or routes, what features would you like to see in the plugin? (Managing waypoints would be nice, but SportTracks API doens't provide a very good support for that).

Regards,
-Phil

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 05:03:43 pm »

Hi Phil

Sincerely,

Well, I'm just too curious, and I like to understand how things work  :)

That sounds like an interesting deal.
Apart from importing/exporting tracks or routes, what features would you like to see in the plugin? (Managing waypoints would be nice, but SportTracks API doens't provide a very good support for that).

Regards,
-Phil

Hi Phil
Here is my ideas for the plugin of GH-561:
- Import/ Export tracks (GPX, KML,...)
- Download route to device and be able to separate into serval files or keep single file likes KeyMaze++ you did.
- Waypoints management (if impossible, maybe you can try to save them as a tracks file type, and send them to device with "Send waypoint command".
- Create route on Google Map (if possible)
- Be able to show the route, tracks information likes the date, distance.

Please let me know how do you think,

Geoffrey

Phil

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 09:59:36 am »

Hi Phil
- Download route to device and be able to separate into serval files or keep single file likes KeyMaze++ you did.
- Waypoints management (if impossible, maybe you can try to save them as a tracks file type, and send them to device with "Send waypoint command".

Geoffrey

That sounds feasible.
Creating routes and showing them on the map is already possible with SportTracks.
The waypoints management is more difficult because there's no easy way to draw the point marks on the map. It's possible though to import/export them from/to the device; I already did this in Keymaze++, just like the route split and point reduction.

Regards,
-Phil

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 11:02:52 am »

Hi Phil

Geoffrey

That sounds feasible.
Creating routes and showing them on the map is already possible with SportTracks.
The waypoints management is more difficult because there's no easy way to draw the point marks on the map. It's possible though to import/export them from/to the device; I already did this in Keymaze++, just like the route split and point reduction.

Regards,
-Phil

Hi Phil

Sounds great.
The product will be ready by the end of September. I can arrange sample and communication protocol for you if you would like to create plugin in ST.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Phil

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 10:56:22 am »

Hi Phil

Sounds great.
The product will be ready by the end of September. I can arrange sample and communication protocol for you if you would like to create plugin in ST.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Ok, I think I'll go ahead and implement the plugin, but as I said before, it could be slow, because I don't have much time available.
You can find my email in the Keymaze++ program, if you want to send me the communication protocol. We can talk about the sample later.

Regards,
-Phil

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 09:47:27 pm »

Same as Zingo here, i am more in to the heartbeat/gps watches , so i dont see the use of this device in my training.
Well, of course i can test it, but not on daily basis like i can do with the heartbeat/gps watch.

Is the software (TM) updated since the beta-version we tested earlier this summer ?
Saw that it was still on the ftp site.
Any limit in trackpoints when creating routes ?

Well, enough for now, see you later !

Med vänliga hälsningar  :)

Roger C

Hi Mr.Tester

No... This one doesn't have heart rate..
I forgot to remove the beta software from website, but we have
fixed several bugs and put into retail box.

Regards

Geoffrey  ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 19 queries.