Cycling Computer FAQ
1.) Q: What should I do if the watch would not power on?
A: Press the UP, OK, and Power buttons at the same time. You will be able to turn it on in the firmware upgrade mode. Please follow the regular firmware update procedure.
2.) Q: What should I do if the firmware upgrade fails?
Note: Do not power down your GB-580.
A: (1) Please go over the process again.
(2) Choose the proper firmware file.
3.) Q: After installing the software and opening it, a pop-up window shows up stating "The service is not ready." What should I do to resolve that?
A: Please close the program. Open it back again. The database will reset automatically.
4.) Q: How can I uninstall the GS-Sport Training Gym Pro software?
A: (1) Utilize the uninstall function from the Windows Menu:
Start > Programs > Globalsat GS-Sport Training Gym Pro > Uninstall
(2) Use Add or Remove Programs from Windows Control Panel:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Search for GS-Sport Training Gym Pro, click on it to highlight, and press the Change/Remove button.
5.) Q: Where can I download the files if I lost the CD-ROM?
A: Please go to this website: http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=10&en_product_cnt_id=33
6.) Q: How do I keep my current training records before upgrading the software version?
A: (1) Backup the database from this location: C:\Program Files\GlobalSat Technology\GS-Sport Training Gym Pro\Data\User. You can go ahead and uninstall the software.
(2) Copy and overwrite the database back to the corresponding folder.
7.) Q: Why am I unable to upgrade the watch with the new firmware?
A: (1) Please check if the firmware file is correct.
(2) Verify it the watch is set to System Upgrade mode.
8.) Q: Why does it show "PC COM PORT Error" when I tried to download the data from the device?
A: (1) Please check if the USB driver is installed or not.
(2) Connect the watch to your PC with the USB cable.
(3) Double click the GS-Sport Training GYM Pro' icon from the Desktop to start the application.
(4) In the Menu Bar, go to Settings > Configuration. Click the ìScan COM Port" button. The COM Port would be automatically scanned.
9.) Q: Why is the device unable to receive a heart rate signal?
A: (1) Check if you are properly wearing the heart rate monitor. Also, spray some water on it before use.
(2) Turn on the Heart Rate Alert function.
(3) If it is still not working, check the battery of the Heart Rate Monitor.
10.) Q: How to edit and upload waypoints through the software?
A: To Edit Waypoints, see steps below:
(1) From Track Records, select the training file that you want to browse.
(2) Click Waypoints in the function bar and you will see all the waypoints. Right-click on one of the waypoints to edit its contents.
(3) Press the Save button when you're done.
To Upload Waypoints, refer to the procedures below:
(1) Select the waypoints that you want to transfer to the device.
(2) To upload, you can do this by going to Data Transmission > Way Points > Upload to Device.
(3) In the watch, please enter CONFIGURATION > CONNECT TO PC.
(4) Afterwards, it should show that you successfully uploaded the waypoint into the device.
11.) Q: What formats of the training file do the software supports?
A: It can save or open a training record as or from the following formats: .kml, .nmea, .gpx, csv, and .txt.
To open a file, go to File > Open. Choose a certain file you want to open.
To save a file, select one training file you want to save. Go to File > Save. Choose a certain file type you want to save it as.
12.) Q: How to import or export the training records from or to an activity file?
A: To import the training records from a specific file (.ACT):
Go to Main > Import Activity. Choose the file you want to import.
To export the training records to a specific file (.ACT):
Choose one training file you want to export. Go to Main > Export Activity > Activity Details. Input additional note. Click OK.
13.) Q: Why does it always show "Application database not ready" whenever I execute the software?
A: Please try the following:
(1) Navigate to the Services Setting by going to START > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Services.
(2) Find out service name MySQL1.
(3) Select MySQL1 and click Start to connect it.
(4) Please try to open up the program again.
14.) Q: How do I check the firmware version of my watch?
A: You can do this by going to Main Menu > Configuration > About Product. The last line should indicate the firmware version of your watch, in this format: F-XXX-XX-XXXXXXX.
15.) Q: What languages are currently supported by my watch?
A: The languages currently supported by the watch are as follows: English, Spanish, Italian, France, German, Chinese, and Russian.